Can't find downloaded ringtones on Droid Incredible
zoopet
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure that I am challenged, but even though I can see the ringtones sitting there in my Messages folder (and can play them off the text attachment) ... I can't figure out how to actually make them show up in my list of ringtones (you know, that grey screen with only boring choices).

help!

kate

0 Likes
Re: Can't find downloaded ringtones on Droid Incredible
AZSALUKI
Legend

try to long press the attachment and see if a menu of options shows up (maybe it will give you an option to save as ringtone or set as ringtone and move it by default????). otherwise, you will need to get a file manager app (i use estrongs explore and astro is good too) that allows you to move files around from one folder to another. however, i'm not positive it will let you just drop an audio file into the folder with ringtones??? somehow i have ended up with some custom tones in my ringtone list, but i think they were moved there by the ringtone apps i use (zedge and ringdroid).

0 Likes
zoopet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there!

thank you ... I tried that but all it does is play the attachment - there's no download option available now. just the long green music button at the bottom of the file.

sheesh  it shouldn't be this hard when I'm doing something legally

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

try long pressing the actual message (not the attachment....but rather the space or message around/outside of the attachment).

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1
  1. touch and hold area outside attachment
  2. Touch the desired message option and select Saves the ringtone to the phone. 
  1. Select message option
0 Likes
DoubleL

@ TheGreatOne - Are those options for 2.1? I have 2.2 and these are the options I get.

Save Audio

Save to People

Forward

View message details

Delete message

Lock message

Does anyone know where that save audio is saved under?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

DoubleL wrote:

@ TheGreatOne - Are those options for 2.1? I have 2.2 and these are the options I get.

Save Audio

Save to People

Forward

View message details

Delete message

Lock message

Does anyone know where that save audio is saved under?

My guess would be it saves to the ringtone section

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

mine go to the sd card to the directory "media/audio/ringtones."  you need some type of file explorer/management app to view and manage files on the sd card (i use estrongs file explorer).

0 Likes
zoopet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, nothing about this is easy. I don't have an SD card yet, if that matters, and every time I try to re-download or forward or do anything other than play the ringtone in my message box, it says the attachment can't be attached.

arrrggghhhh

this sucks I just want the ringtones I purchased and successfully downloaded to actually APPEAR somewhere connected to my contact list!

AZSALUKI
Legend

i sent you a private message.

0 Likes