Can't display groups in Contacts
jsinmco

I went into my contacts on my Droid 2 to set up groups and I was able to add a couple of them and add contacts to the groups.   But now I can no longer display groups at all.   When I go to contacts, menu, display groups I get a pop-up box that says Show and has a down arrow but when I press the box, it does nothing.  I can't press the menu or home key again either - only the back key works from here.  Why can I do to get my groups back?   

0 Likes
Re: Can't display groups in Contacts
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

First you would want to make sure that you have the most resent update on the device.   

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone
Touch System Updates

Then dial *228 send and option 1 on that device.  

Then try going  back to view the contacts:

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).

Touch Contacts. 

Press the Menu button.

Touch Display group. 

If the problems persists, try closing any other running applications that maybe using your contacts.

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).

Touch Settings.

Touch Applications.

Touch Running services.

Touch a service.

Touch Stop.

0 Likes
Holly_SwordLily

when i first got my phone i was able to access my contacts thru contacts>display group but it quit working after awhile i found the bar that says contacts:all contacts with the green plus sign on the far right holds this information now. you simply tap it and there you go. i recently had to hard reset my phone so for now contacts>display works. for how long i dont know.

0 Likes
KCurtis

I've had this happen a couple of times, and what I have had to do is restart the phone to clear this.  I have no idea why this happens, but in the short term it seems to clear the problem.

0 Likes
PureSteelHeart

when i first got my phone i was able to access my contacts thru contacts>display group but it quit working after awhile i found thebar that says contacts:all contacts with the green plus sign on the far right holds this information now. you simply tap it and thereyou go. i recently had to hard reset my phone so for now contacts>display works. for how long i dont know. when it stops workingill just go to the green plus sign to get to my groups because i dont want to reset my phone every time this happens. it would be ahassle to readd everything all the time.

jsinmco wrote:

I went into my contacts on my Droid 2 to set up groups and I was able to add a couple of them and add contacts to the groups.   But now I can no longer display groups at all.   When I go to contacts, menu, display groups I get a pop-up box that says Show and has a down arrow but when I press the box, it does nothing.  I can't press the menu or home key again either - only the back key works from here.  Why can I do to get my groups back?   

0 Likes