Can't connect to Wifi afer 2.2 update
tbronder

I just applied the 2.2 OTA update, and since then I can't connect to my local wifi hotspot.  It's secured with WPA2 PSK and the password or network setup hasn't changed.  The wireless state seems to cycle indefinitely through scanning, connecting and disconnected.  I've tried forgetting the network and reentering the password, and I've even cleared the credential storage and rebooting the phone but to no avail.

Has anybody else experienced this (it seems the rollout isn't going super smoothly)?  Any advice to offer?

Thanks,

Tyler

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to Wifi afer 2.2 update
chirotor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have no advice for you but mine is connecting fine to the two spots I use frequently for what its worth.  Verizon would probably advise you to restore your phone to factory which would be a hassle to build your apps again.  They are kept with your google account I am told so they are not lost but they would all have to installed again.  Have you tried removing the battery?  Just one idea.  Wish I could help more.

0 Likes
xyz_racer

Same here...  except my browser is not working, but the apps I have to connect to the net work just fine! just got back from verizon, the guy there spent almost 2 hours on the phone with 4 different people to try and figure it out. All they could say is "some one will call you with in the next few days" What a load of crap!! AT&T is starting to look real good to me about now!

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
@Xyz_racer

Did you really just double post this in two threads????
0 Likes
xyz_racer

Still waiting for the "call" from verizon..... doubt that it will ever happen! Was only joking about AT&T, had them for a while but they are worse then verizon. It's pretty bad when they send out a mandatory update and arent willing to help out all of their customers who are having issues, some of us spend hundred of dollars per month! I've been working in retail for almost 30 years and I know how companies are supposed to treat thier customers..... Verizon needs to step up and help!!!!

0 Likes
dgreenb2

Does anyone know what's going on?

Ever since the 2.2 update WiFi has been messed up. 

I've tried two different networks that I'm running at home with 2 different routers. I know that it's not a problem with the router. I've tried using WEP, and can only use WiFi when I'm using Maps. At other times, I'm crawling with 3G.

When I tried using WPA/mixmode I would connect, but I couldn't use any application in either 3G or WiFi. 

Dave

0 Likes
Not applicable
Mine works fine with connected to an n router. Doesn't work at all when connected to a b/g router.
0 Likes
mike7mc

You can't let your emotions make your decisions for you. I've been with AT&T before and all of these services have some kind of problem. It has to do with software and the hardware. The techs try to get them right, but sometimes it doesn't work. I can understand your frustration.  It doesn't matter what company you go with. All I can say is AT&T has more issues and costs more. Just try and get a solution from either a supervisor tech or on one of these blogs. 

0 Likes
smokediver61

Yep same exact problem, however it seems to work on an open network.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Anyone find a solution to this yet?
0 Likes