Re: Can't connect to Wifi afer 2.2 update
bmurr22

I don't think it has to do with hidden networks because mine broadcasts and still can't connect to the WPA2, but it's good to hear they are working on the fix.

0 Likes
eddiejt

This is one thing about UPDATES that I don't understand. While they were trying to better our EXPERIENCE at VZW, they took a perfectly good working software setup for wifi and changed it. Why fix it if it AINT broke. Just read all the headaches this is causing. I think the real problem here is that while the DROID is a great phone, it just isn't able to handle all the changes that the 1GHz and newer phones can. I think they are trying to make too many changes at once. VZW, 2.1 worked great, if all you did was make a 2.2 update to add flash, I would have been a happy camper with just that. Although, I have not had any issues with the update, clearly you can read here that there are many issues. Thanks VZW once again for being so pro-active to produce something worse than the great software we already had.

0 Likes
bmurr22

eddiejt wrote:

This is one thing about UPDATES that I don't understand. While they were trying to better our EXPERIENCE at VZW, they took a perfectly good working software setup for wifi and changed it. Why fix it if it AINT broke. Just read all the headaches this is causing. I think the real problem here is that while the DROID is a great phone, it just isn't able to handle all the changes that the 1GHz and newer phones can. I think they are trying to make too many changes at once. VZW, 2.1 worked great, if all you did was make a 2.2 update to add flash, I would have been a happy camper with just that. Although, I have not had any issues with the update, clearly you can read here that there are many issues. Thanks VZW once again for being so pro-active to produce something worse than the great software we already had.

Eddie, I have to disagree with you on this one.  The real party to blame here is Google.  Because of the nature of how Google set up Android there are so many variations of their OS floating around it makes it difficult for Verizon and the phone manufacturers to update their phones.  They have to keep updating their modifications on top of what Google does.  This is why the updates have to roll out in waves by phone which is also why it will take so long for a fix because Google has to fix their stuff, and Motorola has to make sure it still works with their modifications and then VZW still has to test to make sure it works with the network.  

0 Likes