Re: Can't connect to Wifi afer 2.2 update
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I am not having issues, and have tried to replicate without any "luck."

I am using Netgear b/g
0 Likes
manmart

I have experienced the same problem during the last week, and was glad to know someone else was having the same problem.

I have the solution! I went to the Summary Screen for my modem (ATT), then  to EDIT Wireless Settings. On the MAC address filter, I added the MAC address of my DROiD to the approved devices list. The MAC address is listed on the DROID by going to SETTINGS/WIFI/SETTINGS/MAC ADDRESS. I also ENABLED BROADCAST.

Everything works fine now! :smileyhappy:

BTW, AM ON WPA 2/PSK

i also tried remove/reset battery but that was no help. Battery reset does work on other issues tho.

0 Likes
Not applicable
But what about when you're away from home and try to connect to a "hotspot."
0 Likes
manmart

If you use your DROID at a WIFI HOTSPOT, you are looking for trouble (security). Remember, there is no security at a hotspot, , and anyone can attach to and use your session, and steal your data. WIFI signal strength at WIFI hOT SPOTS are notoriously weak, and 3G is probably faster. I have experienced download speeds slower than diialup at many WIFI Hotspots on my laptop. I used to carry my laptop everywhere, but don't need it anymore as the DROID is faster. .

0 Likes
monguse

manmart....My droid will not connect to my home network either, although it did before the update! I have At&t U-verse with a 2Wire Gateway router. I tried forgeting the network like Verizen told me to and that doesn't work and I tried yanking the batteryu and that didn't work.  I don't know very much about wireless setting and messing with all that stuff. Where exactly do I find this

" went to the Summary Screen for my modem (ATT), then  to EDIT Wireless Settings. On the MAC address filter, I added the MAC address of my DROiD to the approved devices list. The MAC address is listed on the DROID by going to SETTINGS/WIFI/SETTINGS/MAC ADDRESS. I also ENABLED BROADCAST."

Where do I find this summary screen for the modem? I have windows XP on my home pc that my router is connected to.

0 Likes
EricS336

Verizon needs to come out with a fix for this because nothing seems to be working.

0 Likes
EricS336

I just did a factory restore to my wireless router, changed the name of my SSID, set it up to n, g, and b, and set it for channel 6. It seems to be working for now.

0 Likes
Droid_Tech

Unfortunately, the problem is real and have been able to reproduce.  Although it appeared to only affect Nexus One and Motorola Droid phones that ran 2.2.  From what I've gathered, problem is within the Wireless Driver used by the kernel after going to 2.2.

Android 2.1 and Early On -> WiLink_Driver_6.1.0.0.95_M3
Android 2.2 -> WiLink_Driver_6.1.0.0.131

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8804

http://w1.fi/bugz/show_bug.cgi?id=355

I'm part of a group that supports a university, that uses Enterprise authentication.  At least for some Wi-Fi networks, upgrading to 2.2 broke the connection.

Hopefully Verizon will have a fix out.  I sent a message to motorola to have the problem evaluated.

0 Likes
bmurr22

Well I got the latest fix last night to FGR22D which enabled Flash but still didn't fix the Wifi.  And like others I have been able to reproduce in a situation where my router (Dlink DIR-615) uses both Wifi N (mixed or alone) and WPA2/AES.  If I disable one or the other it will work but I really don't want to have to mess with my home network and it doesn't help when I'm not at home and can't connect.

Droid_Tech - Did you try that patch on any of the devices on your network to see if that works?

0 Likes
bigbarryq

Same here.

Droid Froyo 2.2 and Flash update broke hidden SSID WiFi with WPA2.

VZW support just confirmed they are aware of the problem (and others like slow hom screen icon refresh) and a maintenance release is supposedly due from Google soon.

0 Likes