Can't connect to WIFI on home router
blkhwkgrl3
Enthusiast - Level 3

My bionic won't connect to my wifi router, it keeps saying it's authenticating then it disconnects.  My husbands (cough) iphone is connected and all our computers are connected and fine.  I noticed it when I was downloading an app (battery widget & free tetris)  from the market (that keeps crashing btw) and it is telling me "download size requires wi-fi" - I also cannot seem to cancel the downloads either.  I've pulled the battery twice to see if that helps.  I don't know what else to do.... I've downloaded many other apps/widgets without any problems.   HELP PLEASE!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't connect to WIFI on home router
jfencl64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you using MAC filtering on your router?  If so, you'll need to add the MAC address of your new phone to the list of allowed addresses.  That's the step I always forget when I get a new wireless device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jfencl64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you using MAC filtering on your router?  If so, you'll need to add the MAC address of your new phone to the list of allowed addresses.  That's the step I always forget when I get a new wireless device.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

:smileysurprised: Boy this is starting to bring back memories, seems that the Bionic has Droid X tendencies because so many of the bugs that we worked through with 2.1 seems to have came back with 2.3.4 in the Bionic...

Is your router wireless N supported because a number of users had issues with routers that didn't support Wireless N and the only way they got connected was by dropping security to wap encryptions of disable encryption..

Try that and see if it connects, if it does you know whats causing the issue.

0 Likes
blkhwkgrl3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay - BIG DORK I AM ~ I forgot that my husband changed our password and I was using the old one!!! LOL!!! Sorry ~ But I DO love my new BIONIC!!!!  The commercials, however, are a little strange for me... love the woman power though :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That will do it also.... :smileyvery-happy: I didnt want to insult you and ask something like that...  Glad you got it..

0 Likes
Tank78

I'm having a similar problem, but with a twist.  I have a home wireless system using a D-Link DIR-615 router which otherwise seems to work just fine with several laptops/Ipods connected to it.  However, when my wife and I try to connect our brand new Droid Bionic phones to it, it connects, but we can't actually get it to do anything.  I have it password protected and the passwords work just fine.  Both phones say they're connected, but they don't actually pass any data along that I can tell.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Jo5555

I have the same problem with WEP encrypted wireless router using our new Bionic and our new Incredible 2.  Both will connect but not pass any data.  Connection works fine with other wireless computers.

0 Likes
VickiCell

I am also having this same problem of being able to connect via Wi-Fi but not being able to connect to the Internet.

I DO have it working on my Home Router, but I can't get it to work anywhere else, like Wi-Fi cafes or friend's homes.

In Wi-Fi settings I have Wi-Fi, Open network and Secure network checked.

When I go to the Advanced Settings, I have Peer to peer (Ad-hoc) channel set to Channel 1 (what does this mean?)

Wi-Fi sleep policy is set to Never

My MAC address is c8:aa:21:1a:ff:6c

Enable Auto IP is checked

What should I change to get this working?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Vicki

0 Likes
frogmanp
I fixed this by switching my routers channel from auto to an assigned channel (any will suffice).
0 Likes
VickiCell

That would work with a router at your home, but won't work when you're at a Wi-Fi spot such as a cafe or friends home.

0 Likes