Can not use pattern security after 2.2 update
donnie210
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just updated my phone and now I can't use the pattern lock. It is saying Disable by remote phone adminstrator. I have to type in a pin every time. Can anyone tell me why? How can I fix this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can not use pattern security after 2.2 update
donnie210
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I got it fix. It was in fact the Corp. sync. I had to do a hard reset to got the Corp. sync administrator off and start all over. It fixed the problem. The bad part is that if they have another update, then I will have to do the same again and start over.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sounds like the security option for Administration restrictions under Settings/Location and Security Settings/Setup Restrictions.... Check and see if this feature is disabled...

0 Likes
donnie210
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was disable. I enable it and still the same.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Strange, disabled is the correct setting.... I will play around with my settings and see if I have any luck duplicating this one..

0 Likes
donnie210
Enthusiast - Level 2

How about device administration? (Select device administrators)

I have Corporate Sync under that section. It won't let me remove it.

If that is the issue, do I have to do a hard reset? Will that erase everything on me SD card?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

donnie210 wrote:

How about device administration? (Select device administrators)

I have Corporate Sync under that section. It won't let me remove it.

If that is the issue, do I have to do a hard reset? Will that erase everything on me SD card?

I was actually about to ask you if you had a Corporate Sync setup, this could be the factor that could be overlooked, I can not verify this as a issue because my device hasnt been configured for Corp Sync yet but this can be your issue..... As for doing a hard reset, this does not touch your sd card only the phones memory gets cleared... Backup before hard reset is a good ideal.

Here is the safest way to do a hard reset to avoid the issue restoreing itself automatically...  Follow instructions at http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Minimize-Droid-X-Issues-After-Froyo-Update/td-p/2965...

0 Likes
donnie210
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I got it fix. It was in fact the Corp. sync. I had to do a hard reset to got the Corp. sync administrator off and start all over. It fixed the problem. The bad part is that if they have another update, then I will have to do the same again and start over.  

0 Likes
donnie210
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Wildman

0 Likes