Can You Turn Off Text Messaging On MotoDroid?
Meticode

I got my Droid, but I don't care about text messaging. Personally I just use the program Meembo and connect through AIM/MSN/Facebook/Yahoo on that. Is there a way to turn off text messaging so you can't recieve any? I've been getting random texts from people I don't know, and people who newly have my number will send me a text without know I don't have a plan for texting, so therefor I get charged for the texts. And I know I'm getting charged for incoming texts because I haven't even sent any and I got 7 texts last month and that's what was on my bill.

0 Likes
Re: Can You Turn Off Text Messaging On MotoDroid?
SFroomkin
Contributor - Level 1

To the best of my knowledge, you only get charged for an incoming text if you open it.

0 Likes
Meticode

Guess I won't be opening any messages then.

0 Likes
GunnyD

Meticode wrote:

Guess I won't be opening any messages then.

You can have text messages blocked.  Not sure how to do it though.  I seem to recall there is a way to do it online but you might have to call. It won't block alerts though.  However, you don't get charged for those I believe.

Maybe look under add/delete features but your best best is to call.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
WOAH WOAH WOAH SFroomkin That information is incorrect.... you DO get charged for texts even if you do not open them.. if its received on the device.. BAM you get charged. All you have to do is call verizon and have them block text and you are done. Good luck.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

reallyniceguy wrote:
WOAH WOAH WOAH SFroomkin That information is incorrect.... you DO get charged for texts even if you do not open them.. if its received on the device.. BAM you get charged. All you have to do is call verizon and have them block text and you are done. Good luck.

Correct!! you get charged 20 cents per message (sent/received) no matter what. Even if you do not read the message & delete it,you'll be charged for it.

0 Likes