Can NO longer upload pictures to Facebook
CFTrock

So I do have the new Gingerbread update (which I recieved on Saturday).

Everything is pretty good although I am experiencing shorter battery life like some others on here

have mentioned.

The real annoying thing which I discovered tonight is I can no longer upload pictures to facebook.

When I try to upload pictures from either my gallery or from the camera app, I get the status bar, it

fills up all the way, but when finished I get a triangle with an exclamation mark on my notification

bar. When I pull it down the message says "Cannot upload "".

When I click on that, opens up the facebook app and I get another

error message (the yellow and brown kind) and it reads "Upload"

"An error occurred while loading the photo."

I've also tried opening up the facebook app and uploading it that way. But I get a smiliar error.

I do have the latest version of the facebook app running. I downloaded it about 2, 3 days ago.

I've even tried emailing myself the picture and for some reason the picture either won't attach

or the email won't send.

I never experienced this problem with Froyo.

I've taken out the battery, the sim card, and the sd card. I've shut down my phone and turned it back on,

and I've done restarts. The problem remains.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Can NO longer upload pictures to Facebook
phillthedrill
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try to go under settings, applications, manage applications, then click on the facebook app, and hit clear data and then try uploading it again.  See if that works. 

0 Likes
dmc213

I have been uploading photo's to FB by texting them to 32665.

0 Likes
CFTagain

Thanks for your response Phil but I had no luck :smileysad:

PS Does anyone know why I've had to register 3 times, with 3 different User names and passwords on these

forums?

When I go to login, it says my combination of User ID and password is wrong. When I go to forgot password

I'm told to activate my account.

Verizon hates me, first the phone and now the forum.

0 Likes
CFTagain

Thanks DMC, but the texting isn't working either. The texts are being sent but nothing is showing up on my facebook.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi CFTrock,

I can relate to your concerns as I use Facebook to share pictures very often as well. I see that you have done most basic troubleshooting and some community members also recommended to clear cache and send pictures via text message (thanks!) and issue continues. Based on the things you have done attempting to resolve this issue, the only things left to do are to delete and re-install the Facebook Application and to do a Factory Reset on your device.

Let us know if removing/re-installing the Facebook Application or the Factory Reset resolve the issue.

Please keep in mind that performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Media saved to your SD memory card will not be affected.

0 Likes
CFTagain

Hi AntonioC,

The forums wouldn't let me login as CFTrock so I had to register a new User ID (CFTagain).

Thanks for your response and for you'r suggestion.

I actually have contacted Verizon and here's what's been happening...

I thought it was the GB update but I can't be sure. I remember that the Facebook app notified me of an update which I downloaded around the same time of the GB update. 
I can't be sure if it was the GB update or the facebook app update which has caused the photo upload error.

I did call Verizon tech support and after spending time doing some of their suggested actions (uploading the picture with 3G or WiFi, uninstalling, reinstalling
the facebook app, taking and trying to upload lower quality pictures, etc.). The Verizon tech put me on hold as he attempted to get in touch with Samsung.
When he got back to me he told me the only option/solution which Samsung and the Verizon engineers could come up with was a Factory Reset.

The Factory Reset has NOT helped. I had to lose all of my Angry Birds data (saved progress), I had to loose text messages because the SMS backup/restore 
app I was recommended didn't do a good job, and my phone seems to be more sluggish since the Factory Reset. I suspect its the facebook app update
and NOT the GB update.

I have found a mediocre work around. If you want to upload a picture I would recommend you open up your phone's browser and type in facebook.com.
Hit the "Photo" tab, the next screen will provide you with a "Choose file" button. Click that and you'll be set.

Please DO NOT Factory Reset your phone. I really wish I had not. My phone

hasn't been right since that Factory Reset.
I really do believe its the fb app that is causing this particular problem.
Hopefully fb will release an updated app soon.

Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions?

0 Likes
AbuAvishag

I have the same issue as you have CFTagain/CFTrock and it started about the same time as your issue started.

I took all the steps you have taken, but was hesitating prior to the factory reset, so check the forums - and found your warning about it, so thanks!!!

I have the same issue: when ever tying to upload a picture to FB from within the app I can see it being "upload" and then getting the error message.

I have also found that if I'd like to share a picture uploaded by someone else to FB, I will get the same error message.

I can try and guess that maybe it relates to the size of the picture, or a hidden cache is full somewhere, but clearing the app data and re-installing it didn't solve the issue.

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
CFTagain

Abu,

glad I was able to save you the trouble of going through a Factory Reset and the disappointment of realizing

it wouldn't help anyway.

I'm still experiencing the same issue. I just hope it is resolved quickly, while I didn't upload pictures too frequently

it still sucks not being able to do something which used to be easy to do before.

0 Likes
AbuAvishag

Can you please check if you can use the "share" option from within the application and see if you have the same problem as I do?

0 Likes