Can I leave the DROID plugged into the wall overnight?
amitjusc

I am hoping it is "smart" enough to not overcharge the battery.  Can anyone confirm?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I leave the DROID plugged into the wall overnight?
nurmia
Enthusiast - Level 3

all my phones i have left overnight to charge and disconnected when i woke up.Never had a problem ..... then i was told it wasn't good for the battery so on my next new phone i never left it over night and wouldn't you know that phone's battery had to be replaced before the 2yrs were up.  needless to say continue charging overnight. it will not harm the battery or phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

Nowdays it's not the device it's the battery - I'm sure you're fine.

0 Likes
rjones

I don't think that battery overcharging has been an issue on any device I've had for the past 10-15 years, so I'd say you can leave the phone plugged in overnight.

0 Likes
Jhadious
Enthusiast - Level 3

i leave mine in the station over night, seems to be a-ok so far

0 Likes
nurmia
Enthusiast - Level 3

all my phones i have left overnight to charge and disconnected when i woke up.Never had a problem ..... then i was told it wasn't good for the battery so on my next new phone i never left it over night and wouldn't you know that phone's battery had to be replaced before the 2yrs were up.  needless to say continue charging overnight. it will not harm the battery or phone.

0 Likes
amitjusc

Thanks.  I was told with my MotoQ that I couldn't leave it plugged in overnight, but that was probably erroneous information which one would expect from a sales clerk at the Verizon Store.  Just wanted to make sure that I was properly coddling my DROID.

0 Likes