Re: Can I get 2.1 back??? 2.2 is not a good thing
budone
Legend

found it!  :smileyvery-happy:

Wouldn't a hard reset revert back to 2.1???? That clears the phone back to the original setup. The issue would be getting the message to update every 1/2 hour.

I have not had an issue with email  nor my battery since the update this AM. But a few hours later my bookmarks and weather sites disappeared. But I think that was due to me playing with clearing caches and force stopping programs.

I am still in the learning process.

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

budone wrote:

found it!  :smileyvery-happy:

Wouldn't a hard reset revert back to 2.1???? That clears the phone back to the original setup. The issue would be getting the message to update every 1/2 hour.

I have not had an issue with email  nor my battery since the update this AM. But a few hours later my bookmarks and weather sites disappeared. But I think that was due to me playing with clearing caches and force stopping programs.

I am still in the learning process.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, in some cases) a hard reset will just reset the phone to it's base ROM, which is now 2.2. Each time the ROM is rewritten, it becomes the only image on the phone. So a reset will just put you back to the 2.2 ROM you just installed. You would have to find the image file for the version you want and then boot the phone into recovery mode. One thing about it though, it will either work or it won't. The phone will either see the image file and do it's thing or it won't recognize it and it'll just reboot back into the 2.2 image.

I would try it just out of curiousity if I didn't want to avoid reinstalling all my apps. I might have to ask around and see if anyone else has tried it. Inquiring minds want to know.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

OK thanks for the clarification!

0 Likes