Can I download itunes to my Droid ?
statisticsguy

I would like to download itunes to my new Droid. I would like to access the features on my itunes account. Would it mess up my phone?

0 Likes
Re: Can I download itunes to my Droid ?
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

Somewhere deep in a basement bunker, a gnome-like Apple employee is watching 24/7 for people like you: the heretics with Android devices who dare to try and access the holiest of holies, the iTunes site. I'm betting that your phone will be detected and instantly denied but I don't think that it will suffer any physical harm. Remember -- Apple is set to have that dratted iPhone make its debut on Verizon sometime early in 2011 so the back room deals are already set. :smileywink:

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Here is the steps to transfer music from the computer to your device. Only DRM free / unprotected music can be transferred via this method. DRM protected content (e.g. songs downloaded via iTunes (not all iTunes songs are protected), Rhapsody subscription, etc.) will not play on this device.

1. Connect the device to the computer with the USB cable.
  2. From the home screen, pull down the window shade (located at the top of the screen).
    Refer to Using window shade - Motorola Droid (A855) for assistance.
  3. Select USB connected.

4. Select Turn on USB storage.

5. Select OK.

6. From File Explorer / Finder on the computer, create a new music folder in Removable Disk (X:smileyhappy:.
    Removable Disk (X:smileyhappy: represents the SD Card installed in the device. This name may vary.

7. Use the computer to copy music and other audio files into the newly created folder.
    For any accompanying artwork in JPEG format, rename the art file albumart.jpg and copy into the same folder as the music files.
  8. To further organize files, create a subfolder in the newly created music folder and copy desired music files into it.

9. Select Turn off USB storage.

10. Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Theres apps to sync with itunes. Search itunes in the market.
0 Likes