Can I Use My D'Inc2 on AT&T and/or T Mobile?
CellDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

The Droid Incredible 2 is a "Global Ready" device, meaning it supports dual band GSM, quad band GSM and UMTS.

Since it has GSM support, does that mean I can use my phone with either AT&T or T Mobile when my contract with Verizon is over? Just asking...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I Use My D'Inc2 on AT&T and/or T Mobile?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately I doubt it. The earlier global ready devices on Verizon Wireless were country locked even after getting the SIM unlocked. In other words, the GSM radios would work in Europe, but not on any GSM carrier inside the United States.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately I doubt it. The earlier global ready devices on Verizon Wireless were country locked even after getting the SIM unlocked. In other words, the GSM radios would work in Europe, but not on any GSM carrier inside the United States.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CellDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately, for me, you are correct. For example, the IMEI of my phone does not show up on T Mobile's list of compatible phones.

0 Likes
pannetron
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow, this really ***!  My next phone will be an unlocked phone and perhaps not on Verizon.

>> Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi pannetron - We would be heartbroken to see you go! What concerns do you currently have with our service? Why are you considering stopping your line? I would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in us and help you stay!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes