Re: Camera pics look good to you all?
Atreyu59

I agree whole-heartedly!  The pics are great, I never even use my real digital camera -why take 2 things when I already have a phone that takes great photo's.

I have well over 350 pics on my phone & when I load them into iPhoto -the quality is great, enough to post, share & send to friends.  Good enough for the grandbabies birthday photo's so I am a happy camper!!

0 Likes
NYsMissingStar
Enthusiast - Level 3

how do you post images in the replies?.. I would like to show what the pictures I took with my Droid X look like... it's almost as if they all came out over pixeled...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@NYsMissingStar
According to the community ranking system under Community Announcements, you need to be a Bronze Contributor to have the ability to add attachments to posts.

Hope that answers your question.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
robimon7

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wildman wrote:

I really think everyone is expecting the same quality as a regular camera, a phone simply doesnt have the hardware to acomplish this... also so many stress the 720P and 8mp resolution advertised, this is truly a resolution than a true quality, you can take a 800x600 video and filter it into a 720p  resolution and at that point the video 720p but the quality wasn't changed, also a high quality 5mp camera can beat a 8mp low grade camera any day, just because it has more mp doesn't always make it be a clearer camera.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the pix, since im not a bronze contributor I cannot post images yet, but looking at your pix, it's about the same as mine.   I realize this camera for the droid x does not take good night time pics, and thats a shame, I was hoping to leave my old cam home but it doesn't look like it anytime soon, I'm so disapointed in Motorola and why they would use these cheap parts for their camera, boasting an 8.0 megapixel but it truly isn't a 8 megapixel camera, just false advertising! it chaps my hide to know I fell for their **bleep** false words! I should've researched more on their camera but I'm your average consumer, I see 8 megipixel I would believe it to be a true 8 meg.  Who would figure they would use cheap **bleep** parts along with the 8 meg, I knew right away the moment I snapped the first nighttime pics that something was off.  The flash just felt so cheaply tagged on.  Very disappointed at this point with motorola.  And I'm slightly disappointed with Verizon for putting their name behind this device.  If it wasn't for their quality of calls I get, I'd be furious.  Very unhappy camper.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I really don't know where the issue is with night photos, I feel they come out pretty nice, better when I adjust the ISO to 400 instead of auto. even on my regular cameras I always had to adjust the ISO for dark shots to adjust exposure time to improve quality. I have printed off shots and frame them a few times and people who saw them didn't really know that I used my phone.

Also keep in mind that distance has a factor, the further from flash the more images become grainy when ISO is on auto.

0 Likes