Camera/Camcorder not working since update
LoYo1979

Thanks in advance.

Since the update neither my camera or camcorder works. At first I was having problems with the camcorder "recording"  but then when I would try to watch the video it would say  "File cannot be displayed or played"  now the camcorder screen freezes up as soon as I turn it on, and the camera at first would take a picture sometimes, but now the screen is just black. I also get warnings about my SD card consistently also. I have taken out the battery several times, this does not help at all. This is so frustrating. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Camera/Camcorder not working since update
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Does any of this work in SAFE MODE?

to get into SAFE MODE: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=34184

0 Likes
LoYo1979

I tried to do that, and it will not work. I followed the directions you gave me (thanks for that) a couple of times and safe mode would not come up.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Huh?  It won't go into SAFE MODE?  That makes no sense.. You have a DROID X, right?

- Power Off

- Press and HOLD the MENU button -- forever   (that's the far LEFT button)

- Power up phone, continue to HOLD MENU button for like 1-2 mins.

It SHOULD say SAFE MODE in lower left side.

That really is not working for you?

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello LoYo1979,

Thank you for sharing your issue with your Droid X. I noticed that Cody21 provided some specific instructions, thanks Cody21. Have those steps worked for you? If not then the next step would be a factory data reset. I have provided a link on how to complete a factory data reset on the Droid X. 

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=33552

Prior to completing a factory data reset, I recommend verifying that your contacts are saved, either on your Gmail account or backup assistant. Once the reset has been done successfully, the device would need to be reactivated and re-setup. After this process is completed, try the stock camera and camcorder. If you are able to record a video then the next step would be to play the video to ensure that the media functionality works.

Let me know if this works for you.

0 Likes
draya06
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know if you resolved this issue yet, but if not:

I had an issue with my camcorder at one point. When I would try to use it, it would open fine and then as soon as I would press the record button it would close completely and go back to my home screen. It was extremely frustrating. Some one on the forums suggested I try dialing *228, and selecting 1. It actually worked. Maybe it will help, and its a WHOLE lot easier than factory resetting your phone.

0 Likes