Camcorder won't record on Incredible. What step am I missing?
mpr126

I am having trouble recording via the camcorder option on my Droid Incredible.  I double checked that it is set to "video" and closed the menu option. I can see the optimal joy stick and see the record time as : 0:0:0. When i press and hold down on the screen i hear the shutter sound but it won't record. 

I wish there was just a simple record button!  What step am i missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Camcorder won't record on Incredible. What step am I missing?
budone
Legend

Dont press on the screen, press very quickly the joystick.

0 Likes
mpr126

Thanks, but that still doesn't work.  I quickly tap on the screen, i see the joystick box go green, but then nothing happens. It never starts recording....so weird.

budone wrote:

Dont press on the screen, press very quickly the joystick.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You pressed down on the round button towards the bottom of the front of the device until you feel and hear it clicked?  There will not be any green box or anything

0 Likes
mpr126

I'm not sure what button you are refering to.  I there is a round button (flash) button that appears (lighting icon).  I clicked on that but that didn't help.

Even though the phone is definitely set to "video" it seems like it wants to take a picture but can't.  I get a little box in the middle of the screen and when i touch the screen quickly and let go, the box turns green real quick and then it makes the "camera" noise but then nothing happens. I wonder if i have a glitch? 

They really need to just put a "record" button on this feature. 

budone wrote:

You pressed down on the round button towards the bottom of the front of the device until you feel and hear it clicked?  There will not be any green box or anything

0 Likes
budone
Legend

That box is showing where the camera is focusing. The Button I am speaking of is below the screen, below the 4 options that light up.....the optical joystick. Press on it and it will depress and you can feel and hear a click. THAT is what you need to be pressing.

0 Likes