Caller ID
betzy23

Last night my droid X turned off by itself and after taking the battery out and putting it back, it turned on, but it had a December 31, 1969 date which I think was super weird, but easy to change. After that, I called my son to see if the phone was working fine, but he didn't answer cause it said private number instead of my name and number. I called my own landline to see if it was working and once again it just said private number. When I tried calling myself, it just says unknown. Now, whenever I call is says "private number" and whenever I receive a call, even if it is a contact, it just says unknown. I called tech support, but they were not able to help. What could it be?

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID
PiperCrab
Contributor - Level 1

Try resetting the phone and see if that will help. Even though turning off the machine and/or removing the battery will solve most simple glitches, this one seems major. If the reset doesn't work, then hop on down to your nearest VZW retail store and have an employee there take a crack at it. You can also try going to a coporate store since they seem to have better assistance compared to the local stores.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Try doing a hard reset on your phone the steps are listed below.

1. From the home screen, touch the applications tab(located at the bottom of the display).

2. Touch Settings.

3. Touch Privacy.

4. Touch Factory Data Reset.

5. Touch Reset Phone.
    Note If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.

6. Touch Erase Everything.

0 Likes
gator1
Contributor - Level 1
Mine did the same thing but after the phone booted the date corrected itself and hasn't happened again. Ato the caller id problem, I called customer service and they corrected that on their end. No need for a factory reset.
0 Likes