Caller ID on outgoing calls
JAMPAR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

When placing a call to land lines, my caller ID is coming up incorrect on their screens. How do I change this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Caller ID on outgoing calls
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you are referring to the Share Name ID v- Share Name ID FAQs | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Caller ID data is set by the service provider. There isn't anything that the end user can do other than call Customer Service and see what changes Verizon Wireless can/will make.

Having said that, I believe, at one time, users could control what was displayed on someone else's Verizon Wireless phone when you called them. I don't know if that feature still exists today...and it doesn't apply when calling a landline.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you are referring to the Share Name ID v- Share Name ID FAQs | Verizon Wireless

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's been a while since I looked up the Caller ID feature. I thought it was located on our phones as opposed to online.

DOH! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us in this community forum, JAMPAR1. SusyQ is on the right track. Our FAQ page would have all the information you need on how to change your Caller ID Share name. If you do have any further questions, feel free to reach back. We are always happy to help.

JavierMD_VZW  Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

JavierMD_VZW,

Please re-read the initial question! The OP had a question about how to change what is displayed when a cellphone calls a LANDLINE.

Caller ID Share name only applies to cellular-to-cellular calling.

JAMPAR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's right. My caller ID is coming up as a large Medical Center on landlines. I called the Verizon help desk and, while being very willing to assist me, had no idea how to fix it. I thought this would be an easy fix but apparently it is not. I have had my number since the advent of cell phones so not sure what is going on. There must be other folks who have this problem. If your calls are being screened, this could be your problem.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LIDB is the name of the database that contains telephone numbers and names. Communication companies that can assign telephone numbers has the ability to change names associated with telephone numbers.

My guess is that the medical facility has a telephone number that is similar to your cellphone, and, someone "fat fingered" when updating the LIDB (pronounced LID bee).

If the medical facility is local to you, try reaching out to them and see if they can get their local service provider involved. Also, continue working on Verizon Wireless as some department in the company has access to the LIDB.

0 Likes
JAMPAR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Dexman. First reasonable explanation I have received. Not sure if I will ever be able to get this fixed but I will try.

0 Likes