[Bug] Skype breaks wifi/3g switching functionality after exited
Soundvessel

I understand with the latest Skype update 3G is turned on, even when connected to wifi, to enable use of this app which can only work on 3g.

However when you log out and exit Skype normal functionality is not restored. Normally to conserve power the phone will switch 3g off when wifi is connected however after running Skype and exiting 3g is stuck on and I have both radios running until I reboot.

I contacted Skype on the issue and they told me to uninstall/reboot/re-install but of course you can not do that without rooting because Skype is a stock app on the phone.

When Skype is exited normal wifi/3g switching functionality should return to the phone. If Verizoin wishes to work with Skype on this issue my tracking number with Skype is{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: [Bug] Skype breaks wifi/3g switching functionality after exited
Soundvessel

Anyone from Verizon like to confirm they they are working with Skype on this issue? Skype on the Droid X is a shared responsibility due the fact it was included and can not be removed without rooting.

0 Likes
Re: [Bug] Skype breaks wifi/3g switching functionality after exited
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The easiest current fix for this is to turn off your wifi manually before using Skype. Since it is still limited to just 3G use if you turn it off before you connect you should not have any problems with this. Hope this helps.

0 Likes