Browser not working after FRGO1B 2.2 update
xyz_racer

Everything else seems to be working fine.... wifi turns off by itself though! Anybody else having these issues and how can I resolve them? Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Browser not working after FRGO1B 2.2 update
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I have heard about issues, but it came from the non OTA 2.2 build.

I would suggest resetting your wifi settings.

If this does not work, then a soft reset, then a hard reset if that doesn't work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I have heard about issues, but it came from the non OTA 2.2 build.

I would suggest resetting your wifi settings.

If this does not work, then a soft reset, then a hard reset if that doesn't work.
0 Likes
xyz_racer

Question... how do I do a soft and hard reset? Some apps I have access the net just fine, Browser still not working. I tried Skyfire browser and that does not work either. We need an update for the update!!!!

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
A soft reset is turning off the phone and removing the battery for more than 30 seconds.

A hard reset is going to menu>settings>privacy>factory reset

Make sure and back up contacts (sync) before you do this to ensure you keep contacts. Your apps should be saved since you have 2.2

Good luck and let us know.
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Haha.. good luck with att... you won't be able to use your browser there eithe (no service)

Have you tried anything that was suggested?
0 Likes
xyz_racer

I tried the soft reset with no luck, and im hesitant to do a hard reset...

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Just sync your contacts.. everything should reload since you have 2.2
0 Likes
m2jpilot

Only thing I ever lost with a hard reset was the free apps,.. had to redownload them.  No big deal though.  On my 3rd droid and each time had to do a hard reset with tech "support" before they eventually replaced the phone.

0 Likes
xyz_racer

FIXED!!! Finally did a hard reset.... everything is back to normal, Thanks for all the suggestions/help.

0 Likes
Aliqat

I happened to look online to check on the update to FRGO1B 2.2 to see when I might expect it. I am not one of those that HAS to have it the minute it comes out. But to my surprise it said most people were getting it. I got my phone and to my surprise and delight there it was. Imam just outside Seattle and it's 4:20am. I installed it and not a hitch, isn't that great when you wait for something and it comes along in a timely fashion and actually works!

All in All I've been very satisfied with Verizon, we've been with them for about 13 years the only carrier we've ever had, and after watching the kids switch from carrier to carrier and the problems with bills, coverage what not I LOVE Verizon.

You're mine ya big lug

Aliqat :womanwink:

0 Likes