Bluetooth peripheral device driver missing
wr450rider

Droid bionic connects to pc  win 7 64 bit  in bluetooth just fine, can play music through pc speakers, transfer files , use as a modem.  but in bluetooth devices it shows bionic with a yellow triangle. i right click on it and says trouble shoot . says unknown device, no driver installed. it did load several drivers when i first connected, but this one didnt for some reason. have been to windows update with no luck. bluetooth adapter on pc has latest driver. i have latest motorola usb drivers installed also on the pc.. I may have to contact tech support at motorola for this. also i will try reinstalling my adapter drivers. if anybody has any ideas, please let me know ty.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth peripheral device driver missing
Wildman
Legend

I tried several other solutions but none of them worked perfectly as the last one that I tried after vigorously searching online.

Here's what I did when bluetooth on Windows 7 PCs that I had:

- Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1 ) which you can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx
this works for both Vista and Windows 7. I've tried it on both.

- Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configures the settings on the bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things you should do:

- Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device Manager'.

- You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'

- Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.

- Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

- Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

- Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose 'Microsoft Corporation', not only Microsoft.

- From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. Select one or the latest.

- Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is successfully installed.

Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in 'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I tried several other solutions but none of them worked perfectly as the last one that I tried after vigorously searching online.

Here's what I did when bluetooth on Windows 7 PCs that I had:

- Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1 ) which you can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx
this works for both Vista and Windows 7. I've tried it on both.

- Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configures the settings on the bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things you should do:

- Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device Manager'.

- You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'

- Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.

- Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

- Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

- Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose 'Microsoft Corporation', not only Microsoft.

- From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. Select one or the latest.

- Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is successfully installed.

Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in 'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'.

0 Likes
wr450rider

I went through alot of time looking for a solution to this, and your solution definitly fixed the problem, thank you !

0 Likes
Mast3rBratac

I'm running Windows Vista 32bit and my BIONIC wouldn't connect as well, the Bluetooth Peripheral Device kept prompting for driver installation everytime I started my computer. I searched through a few forums and found this solution; so far it seems to have worked! Thanks much.

0 Likes
gregchak

This worked for me too.  HTC Droid Incredible with 2.3.4 OS and Windows 7 64 bit.  I can finally stream media from my DINC to my PC!  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
tieleeny31

When I get to the step of selecting 'Microsoft corporation' under the 'bluetooth radios' section, I do not have it.  It says only Microsoft, or Microsoft HW.  What do I do now?

0 Likes
tieleeny31

Did you have 'Microsoft corporation' under driver company names?

0 Likes
k7384

This is also a problem I've been having.  I do not have Microsoft Corporation on my list.  I am trying to add a Droid Bionic to my laptop running Windows 7.  I've been able to add other devices to my laptop, and I've also been able to add my Bionic to my work laptop.  So I'm not sure what the problem is, other than it says I am missing the Bluetooth peripheral device driver.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Rcgus
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently 'Windows Mobile Device Center' is not compatible with all processors.  It will not install with my AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor.  I give up on this issue.

0 Likes
bullmoon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried this solution - I don't think it does anything but get rid of the error messages - functionly, beyond that, nothing is different for me.  Bluetooth operation of the phone is the same with or without those driver error messages.

My RAZR is not a Windows Mobile Device so from that standpoint, this solution seems spurious.  Unfortunately a real solution seems elusive. 😞