Bluetooth Questions
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I am confused about the settings for Bluetooth - and the MANUAL doesn't explain these 2 options .... Can anyone help?

- Option :  Discoverable (make device discoverable)  --  What exactly does this do? Is it the PHONE that is "discoverable", or the Bluetooth accessory?  Do you just set it to ON and leave it?

- Option: Enhanced Stereo  --  How do I know if my Motorokr S305 headset supports this?  Do you just always leave it ON ?

lastly - the "order" of turning on things ...  I seem to have a hit and miss as far as when this works completely. Do you always have to have the Bluetooth turned on FIRST before powering up a headset?  I can't seem to find any consistency to get it to work 100% of the time.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth Questions
IDhiker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the S305 and the s9HD from Motorola and the enhanced stereo provides some better audio sound, but I am not sure of the technical nature of it. As far as discoverable mode, you must look at what you are attempting to do. A headset must be set to discovery mode so that your phone can discover the headset when it searches, but if you are attempting to talk with another phone with bluetooth your phone must be set to be discoverable so the other phone can discover it and visa versa. As far as what as what needs to be turned on first, usually it doesn't matter. A headset will not find your phone but it will be searching until you turn on your bluetooth on your phone. If your phone bluetooth is on it will be searching for anything that it has been paired with previously. That's my two cents worth.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
IDhiker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the S305 and the s9HD from Motorola and the enhanced stereo provides some better audio sound, but I am not sure of the technical nature of it. As far as discoverable mode, you must look at what you are attempting to do. A headset must be set to discovery mode so that your phone can discover the headset when it searches, but if you are attempting to talk with another phone with bluetooth your phone must be set to be discoverable so the other phone can discover it and visa versa. As far as what as what needs to be turned on first, usually it doesn't matter. A headset will not find your phone but it will be searching until you turn on your bluetooth on your phone. If your phone bluetooth is on it will be searching for anything that it has been paired with previously. That's my two cents worth.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Thank you.

0 Likes