Bluetooth No longer pairs on any device
Scott1973

As of this morning my Moto Droid will no longer pair and connect to any Bluetooth device.

Started with my 2009 Nissan Pathfinder and then my headset. All I get is an error message that says Device failed to connect.

I am running 2.1 I have deleted and tried re-pairing them but to no avail still doesn't work. Is anyone else having or had this issue. It is very frustrating since I travel to clients on a daily basis and rely on using my BT to talk with them in between calls and since it is illegal in this state to talk on phone with out hands-free it makes it very difficult. 

I called VZ but they were absolutely no help suggested I go to the store and buy a new headset and try that. If it won't work on my brand new 2 week old headset then what makes them think it will on a newer one.

I have noticed over the past week while on the headset was disconnecting for no reason not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have had nothing but problems since the 2.1 update with my phone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth No longer pairs on any device
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

I would recommend trying a factory reset. This will fix any corruption in the bluetooth application. Also be mindful when downloading applications. Sometimes applications conflict with each other causing one not to work properly.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you may or may not know this....but a factory reset does just that. it resets the phone to it's original state from the factory (you lose everything in it). i justed wanted to let you know as i've had too many friends that were told "do a factory reset" and it was the first thing they tried, having no idea that they would lose everything. it may be your only option, but i jus thought i'd let you know.

0 Likes
Scott1973

Thanks

I did know that it pretty much erases everything so I did try it. But it did not resolve the problem which leads me to think it is 2.1 issue. But now while in a phone conversation the phone is just resetting itself I have a count of at least 10 times since 9 pm last night. 

Talking to a friends that has the moto Droid last night his is now doing the same thing (Won't pair/connect with any Bluetooth device) I haven't downloaded and apps in the past 3 months nor have I updated them except for Facebook.

So with it working before with he same apps and versions I don't think it is Apps but the software itself.

I think I am just going to go down to VZ today and switch back to my blackberry.

To many issues with the Droid since getting it. Once the problems with them have been resolved I'll think about going back to it.

0 Likes