Re: Bluetooth Headset Problems
ts47
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Yanyan,

Thanks for the response.  I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only person with a double post problem in this forum.  Perhaps Verizon has something else to fix.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
If you are using IE9 to post, turn on the compatibility mode. It is a known issue that hasn't been fixed yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ts47
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the tip Ann!

0 Likes
mrmiller

I am using a (2 year old) Motorola H721 bluetooth ...  the only problem with it is when attempting to voice dial....  every time I say "call home"  it dials a different number!!!

0 Likes
Ray999
Contributor - Level 1

I have tried several different bluetooth headsets on my Charge as well as my wife's Charge. I have had some issues with all of them. Mic drops and random voice dialing are the 2 big issues that I have been encountering.

1.) Plantronics Explorer 390 - Mic drops during calls frequently. Also voice dials random numbers when I try. If I use no bluetooth, voice dialing works as expected.

2.) Plantronics Explorer 240 - Mic drops occasionally, but much less frequently than 390 headset. Forget about voice dialing as it calls random numbers when you try.

3.) Motorola S10 HD - Drops Mic frequently. Voice dialing like the Plantronics 390 but at least calls someone named Sheryl when I say 'Call Sheryl Mobile' just not the Sheryl in my contacts.:smileytongue:

4.) Jaybird Freedom - Hasn't dropped Mic yet, but does voice dialing just as bad as the others.

0 Likes
ts47
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here are two more posts copied from a similar Samsung Droid Charge thread at androidcentral.com.  This thread is active right now and what encouraged me to start this thread here in the Verizon Community.

1.  I have three different Jawbone units, Era, Icon and II and ALL of them exhibit this behavior. Pretty sad for Verizon sold headsets!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

2.  I just finally gave up trying. I have a Verizon/Jabra. Worked great with a Blackberry and an LG. I get nothing when I try with this phone.

I assumed it just wouldn't work with this phone because of some new phone incompatibility, so I didn't call to gripe. May need to change that since it is a known problem and they don't seem to care enough to fix it.

0 Likes
ts47
Enthusiast - Level 3

The folks at Verizon tech support hae been really great to talk to.  They deserve kudos in my opinion.  I've made a number of phone calls to them trying to figue out my phones' issues.  What I couldn't believe was when the tech support person told me I was the first person she had spoken with concerning a bluetooth issue and that Verizon was not aware of a problem. 

I've read enough threads to know there is a major bluettoth compatibility problem with this phone.  There are current threads running at androidcentral.com and androidforums.com.  There are old threads here that were marked solved - meaning the question got answered not that an actual solution was found.

What I encourage everyone to do who is actually having a problem is to post here, then pick up the phone and call Verizon tech support.  If we don't tell them there is a problem, they won't be able to ask Samsung for a fix.

I really like my Charge.  The only real issue I've found is an inability to work with virtually ANY bluetooth device.

JeremiahClift

I had the charge for 3 weeks, and 2 new phones and was using the Jawbone Era. I had the same problems of myself being muted or a high screeching sound. Samsung and Verizon both didn't know what to say. I then switched to the LG revolution but I believe I will switch back due to the poor battery life of the revo.

0 Likes
a1hdbiker

I first had the Plantronics Voyager Pro+....didn't work

Was told to buy Droid CommandOne and guess what......IT SUCKS TO.  I say "dial so-n-so " and it would dial someone TOTALLY different. Call Mike and it calls john.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good morning everyone!

I wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for the feedback and talking points! Samsung is currently investigating Bluetooth compatibility for the Charge. We will keep your posted with updates at they become available.

Thank you for your patience!

0 Likes