Blueant S4 Handsfree Bluetooth Dialing
brandnewrock22

I currently own a Droid, which is running on Android 2.2  I understand that this recent update brought Bluetooth voice dialing to Android devices.

I just recently purchased the Blueant S4 unit, and am having trouble getting it to work the way I want to with my phone.  The device stores contacts, but I can't seem to get that to work, and when I try to dial through the Blueant device, it activates my phone's built-in voice commands.  This means I pretty much have to be holding the phone to get it to register my voice, which completely defeats the purpose of a "hands-free" device.  Also, it messes up about 90% of my commands, even though I'm speaking clearly in a quiet environment.

I guess what I'm asking is if there's a way I can 1) Get my contacts to transfer, and 2) Get the Blueant device to use those contacts to dial out.

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but I've spoken with Blueant and they don't know anything about the phones themselves.

If anyone has gotten this (or a similar device) to work, please share the knowledge!

0 Likes
Re: Blueant S4 Handsfree Bluetooth Dialing
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The best way to better enable the speech recognition will be to download an application form the market. Keep in my that all applications are from third party developers and are download at your own risk. Here is another forum: http://tinyurl.com/24ajkaw where a member found an application to better train the speech function.

0 Likes
endorice

Did you ever find a good solution to your problem?  I'm having the same behavior - just bought a S4, I have an HTC Incredible running Android 2.2.  I'm frustrated because the phone bluetooth dialer is trying to make my calls (instead of the S4).

Thanks!

0 Likes
TorranceMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been a while since you posted but I have the same problem and it seems to be with the adroid verison.

0 Likes