Blocking text messages
STRAC

I have received text messages from a 12 digit number (200-020-002001) since I activated my phone.  I tried blocking the number like someone else suggested, but that only works with normal 10-digit phone numbers. 

How do I block these text messages?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking text messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

International numbers can be blocked through Usage Controls which has a monthly charge for the feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Blocking text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Strac,

I know unknown messages can be very frustrating. Let's get this fixed. It sounds like an old subscription that is no longer compatiable with your phone still exists.

All we need to do is ensure all subscriptions are canceled on the network end. A quick call to customer service will accomplish this (800-922-0204 or *611). These subscriptions may not show on the bill as a charge (for example, Mobile email is usually free with a data package). This will ensure that the messages stop coming in. It doesn't have to be Mobile email, it can be any BREW (basic phone application catalog now known as Media Center) application that wasn't canceled prior to changing phones.

If you know these messages are SPAM:

We have various blocks you can put on your line. Visit: www.verizonwireless.com/spamcontrols Click on "Learn More."

For text spam, you can forward the spam message to SPAM (7726). You'll get a reply asking for the message originator. Reply with the originator's address, and our spam prevention team investigates the originator of the message.

Best of luck! I hope this info helps.

Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes