Blank SD card
vt_yeti

I received an error message saying "SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem." It had been working fine for almost a year... any ideas? Any chance my data recoverable? I had a lot of photos, videos, music, ringtones, etc.

0 Likes
Re: Blank SD card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try reading the sd card with a card reader on your computer. If you can read it there, copy the entire contents of the sd card to a folder on your computer. Format the sd card and then add the contents back to the sd card. To safe and you can potentially find the corrupted folder, I would suggest moving the folders back one at a time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee
That definitely sounds as though there is a corrupt file on the SD card which is not allowing your phone to read data that is stored on it. I would do what Ann154 recommended below

Try reading the sd card with a card reader on your computer. If you can read it there, copy the entire contents of the sd card to a folder on your computer. Format the sd card and then add the contents back to the sd card. To safe and you can potentially find the corrupted folder, I would suggest moving the folders back one at a time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can also place the SD card in another phone (if you have on available) to see if you can access the pictures & music on there. If they are readable files in an alternate phone then something may be wrong with the phone. 

Let me know if it works for you!

0 Likes
tapasman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried all this and http://www.cardrecovery.com/sd-recovery/ and nothing works.

0 Likes