Bionics 4g sucks a.....
MDStokes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Big one!

My bionic hovers in a 4g wasteland.  I live near St. Louis and have a very well, very highly covered 4g area.  Yet, I barely get a 4g signal, and speeds that bring 4g some shame.  My phone spends more time in 3g than anything.

Let me give an example.  In various places around St. Louis the last few days, I test my signal and speed test.  My signal is 4g with a bar or two, and download speed of 1.77 mbps to the fastest it's ever gone (one time) of 13.73 mbps.  Now if I had to average the tests, they would average out to be about 3.88mbps. 

I stood at the verizon store where the display bionic was getting over 13 mbps and I pulled a 4.42 mbps. 

I thought maybe it was my phone, but I bought my girlfriends that same day, and her signal and speeds are about the same as mine.

So is this a bionic thing, a 4g thing, or a verizon lying to us thing?

0 Likes
Re: Bionics 4g sucks a.....
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

I routinely get over 9mbps download and over 3.5mbps upload. I also get very good 4G connections whereas my old Samsung Charge could never maintain a 4G connection.

Thus far I'm very happy with the Bionic and its battery life far exceeds that of the Charge.

0 Likes
dfnder89

I was at 4 megs around Tampa Bay area. Took it back.

0 Likes
marshab1

At least you get a signal, I don't even get a 3G connection all the time.  And I'm even having trouble receiving text messages in a timely manner

0 Likes
mlknez
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Chesterfield, MO and have had good luck with 4g so far.  In the Chesterfield valley shopping area, I just got a steady 38Mbps download, with a 3.8Mbps upload.

0 Likes
mlknez
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Chesterfield and have had a positive experience for the most part so far.  My speed in the Chesterfield Valley shopping area was 38Mpbs down and 3.8Mbps up this morning.

0 Likes
Not applicable

MDStokes,

Good Morning!

Our 4G is super fast and you're right; I show Saint Louis, MO having excellent coverage. The Droid Bionic is a perfect compliment to the 4G/LTE technology. 4G LTE provides approximate download speeds between 5 Mbps - 12 Mbps, and approximate upload speeds between 2 Mbps - 5 Mbps.

Please private message me (PM) so I can take a further look into our 4G speeds and coverage to resolve your concerns!

Thank you!

0 Likes
theredskinsfan

Seriously?  The Bionic has by far the WORST battery life of any phone I have ever had. I never use 4G, I use Advanced Task Killer & I still have to charge it three times a day.  Any thoughts guys?  Thanks.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Dont use the task killer 2.2 and forword has its own task killer. 4g phones even not running 4g has so much stuff going on. How much do u get out of it? Have u had a smartphone before?
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
If u get bad signal that could contribute too. As well as screen brightness
0 Likes