Best price on 2150 Extended battery
mwchamb

FYI - If anyone is interested, I got the 2150 extended battery at overstock.com for $34 shipped.  Almost half the price as competitors. 

0 Likes
Re: Best price on 2150 Extended battery
regulus49

mwchamb wrote:

FYI - If anyone is interested, I got the 2150 extended battery at overstock.com for $34 shipped.  Almost half the price as competitors. 

Nice.I was just about to by 1.....thanks

0 Likes
aibrean

SWEET :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
mattw08

UPDATE:  Do not buy this item.  I just recieved it an it is garbage.  It is not the item pictured.  It is a generic 2200 batter you can get on ebay for $20 shipped.  I have shared my displeasure with overstock.com and requested they removed the picture of the item as it is very misleading.  DO not buy!

0 Likes
aibrean

Wow that sucks. Glad I didn't buy it right away.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

fyi....i got 2 batteries and a wall charger on ebay for $12. they do not hold as much of a charge as my stock battery (i'm sure they're generic even though they have an actual htc sticker) and they are not extended batteries. but if you just want 2 backups then you cant beat $12. i just switch out the battery when i don't feel like plugging in the phone (i keep one in the car, one in the phone, and one at my office). you also won't have to "bulk" up your device this way.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

mattw08 wrote:

UPDATE:  Do not buy this item.  I just recieved it an it is garbage.  It is not the item pictured.  It is a generic 2200 batter you can get on ebay for $20 shipped.  I have shared my displeasure with overstock.com and requested they removed the picture of the item as it is very misleading.  DO not buy!

Did you at least try it out?   Good price on it if it helps. 

0 Likes
mattw08

Yes I did.  The battery seemed okay.  The only problem I had with it was the cheap back cover that came with hit.  It seemed very cheap and did not seal to the phone as much as the stock back cover.  There was also no way possible to put a silicone cover on it.  At least with the htc version  you can cut out the bulky part of a the battery and put a silicone cover on it - which I am reluctant to do unless there isn't one semi-intelligent company willing to create one.

Oh, and the fact that you can get the same product for $20 on ebay didnt sit well with me.  Here I thought I was getting a steal on a half priced htc extended battery.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

mattw08 wrote:

Yes I did.  The battery seemed okay.  The only problem I had with it was the cheap back cover that came with hit.  It seemed very cheap and did not seal to the phone as much as the stock back cover.  There was also no way possible to put a silicone cover on it.  At least with the htc version  you can cut out the bulky part of a the battery and put a silicone cover on it - which I am reluctant to do unless there isn't one semi-intelligent company willing to create one.

Oh, and the fact that you can get the same product for $20 on ebay didnt sit well with me.  Here I thought I was getting a steal on a half priced htc extended battery.

On the stock ext battery you don't cut the back you cut the silicone cover. Same method should apply.  Not good if it doesn't seal well though.  I figured the $20 one on ebay I might get if you had a better review.  I am thinking Seidio 3500. They have good reviews usually.  And Amazon has it listed as out of stock now so I am assuming either they ran out and sent you an equivalent product supposedly or this is their way of pulling it and saving some face. 

0 Likes
mattw08

After reading back through my post, I actually meant cutting the silicone, not the case.  Heh.  It wasnt possible with this back cover because it is a sold cover.  It doesn't have the same lines and ridges as the htc version.  You would basically have to cut the whole back out of the silicone cover and I don't think it would stay on the phone if you did that.

0 Likes