Best Browser
mikeynavy1

I like my Droid, and even the browser for the most part, but I'm finding pages (especially my school's e-mail) that don't work properly.  I'm curious about Dolphin but heard it's slow.  Are there any other choices, and does anyone know of any others coming (i.e. Chrome).   I'm looking for browsing speed and website compatibility.

0 Likes
Re: Best Browser
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

mikeynavy1 wrote:

I like my Droid, and even the browser for the most part, but I'm finding pages (especially my school's e-mail) that don't work properly.  I'm curious about Dolphin but heard it's slow.  Are there any other choices, and does anyone know of any others coming (i.e. Chrome).   I'm looking for browsing speed and website compatibility.

I use Dolphin and it works great. It doesn't seem any slower than the default browser to me and the other enhancements it has are more than a trade off for any slight reduction I speed, for me anyway. That said, I'm currently trying out a browser called xScope, it's in the Market, and it's extremely fast. So far, the only complaint I have with it is it doesn't have copy and paste, but it's still in development so hopefully that will get rectified.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I downloaded the Dolphin Browser recently. Found it was pretty good actually. I liked how it was like FireFox.  The tabs made is easier to switch from web page to web page.  Yesterday I uninstall the browser though because I was not using it.  I have another browser I use sometimes which is Opera Mini. You can download this app for free in the market. Opera Mini is just okay. There are somethings I don't like about it though. On my phone I can't get an internal keyboard in the browser. I have to use my slider keyboard.

0 Likes
hecate
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm very happy with Dolphin.  The bookmarks sync with Google, so if the browser goes Tango Uniform you don't have to put them all in again.  I set my Google Bookmarks sorted by title as my home page which makes things easier to find until Dolphin implements a means for sorting bookmarks.

Pages that don't show up properly are more likely due to code or features that aren't fully compatible with Android 2.0.1 browsers on smartphones.  Think Adobe Flash:  it's just not there yet, but it's coming.

This is still a fairly young technology.  New improvements are coming all the time.

0 Likes
jrwaltb

The best browser for Droid is Xscope 4.0. It's amazing and changed my whole droid experience.  The browser gets updates about every two days. It's blazing fast with multitouch that is the best I have seen. Built on Webkit and has a very minimal theme. Some features are still missing but I don't even care because ITS THAT FAST. I now speed through greader,tabs forums all with pinch to zoom and clear reading pages. Any web speed test between Iphone and Droid would be different  if done  with this browser. I paid for it and the dev updates the program all the time. I am not trying  to overhype it but its changes the phone and makes Android a real contender. 

I would also like to add that I have had an amazing experience with the droid and am very happy with how verizon has handled everything.

0 Likes