Best APP for lost or stolen Droid
md2002

Hello -

I just got off the phone with Verizon about Mobil recovery. I did a search and found some posts about Mobil recovery. I was wondering if not Mobile Recovery, what people use for an APP that does this sort of thing.

Things like finding your phone, and if you can't find it at the very least wipe your data off the phone remotely.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Best APP for lost or stolen Droid
DaLlama
Enthusiast - Level 3

lookout works pretty good and can even show u on a map where your phone is.  catch is that you have to have the app installe don your phone...not sure if it can wype the phone clean...now that would be a definite plus.

0 Likes
MrMikeM513
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, that broken Mobile Recovery app is starting to get up everybody's sleeve.

Replacements?

Well, there's the Norton Security app, which will wipe but not locate. It's in Beta and will probably costs a bundle when it's finished.

There's Wave Secure, which for the measly sum of $20 a year, will find and wipe your phone. Oh, wait. We're already paying about $7/month ($84 a year) to TEC for the same thing. 

There's another program called Mobile Defense (I think), which does the same thing as Wave Secure, but its public beta closed and now you can't download it anywhere.

There's Locate. Not sure if it works. No wipe, though.

And then there's Mobile Recovery offered for no extra charge, and presumably still working, to folks still running Droid X on 2.1. Wait... There aren't any.

Sigh.

Mike

0 Likes
fullwave2
I use a program called Anti Droid Theft which in addition to giving you the mapped location it also will turn on the camera and upload photos from the camera that will give you clues as to where it might be. Doesn't allow you to wipe the phone though. Full worth looking at.
0 Likes
niffer04
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was told by a Verizon employee that Lookout will wipe if lost or stolen.  Will also scream in addition to GPS for location.