Belt clip or carrying case
doyling
Enthusiast - Level 3

I work on various pieces of machinery and need to have my Incredible with me at all times. I used to use a rhinoskin for my Pocket PC device. I am looking for suggestions on what people are using to carry their gadget. Belt clip is a must, I prefer some type of latching instead of a piece that just slides into the belt. These are not as secure. So, anny suggetions are welcome.

0 Likes
Re: Belt clip or carrying case
AZSALUKI
Legend

i just keep it IN my pocket.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Keeping a cell phone in your pocket will actually decrease battery life AZALUKI. Just a tip I thought I'd share.

There are cases available on amazon web site. I use a clip plastic case for my Env2, but find that the plastic cases tend to break easily. I've accidently dropped 2 in the past on a hard floor and the whole case broke. I use a leather pouch clip case for my android phone. That works great. Never breaks!  I found a leather clip case that looks pretty nice:Black Vertical Carbon Fiber Design Case w/ Belt Clip for HTC Droid Incredible + Screen Protector

You can find that one above HERE. Also go here to see other clip cases offered---->Amazon Incrediable clip cases

0 Likes
doyling
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the response. I ended up getting the Bodyglove case from Amazon. It looks like it will provide some protectiona dn fit my needs.

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Glove-Snap-Droid-Incredible/dp/B003T3EN1M/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&...

0 Likes
lillut

Depending on how hard your job is I would recommend this when they start to ship.

http://www.otterbox.com/htc-cases/

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

how does keeping the phone in your pocket decrease battery life?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

how does keeping the phone in your pocket decrease battery life?

I read an article from NY Times last year sometime. It said:

If your cellphone loses its battery charge too quickly while idle in your pocket, part of the problem may be that your pocket is too warm. “Cellphone batteries do indeed last a bit longer if kept cool,” says Isidor Buchanan, editor of the Battery University Web site. The 98.6-degree body heat of a human, transmitted through a cloth pocket to a cellphone inside, is enough to speed up chemical processes inside the phone’s battery. That makes it run down faster. To keep the phone cooler, carry it in your purse or on your belt. This same method can be used to preserve your battery should you find yourself away from home without your charger. Turn off the phone and put it in the hotel refrigerator overnight to slow the battery’s natural tendency to lose its charge."

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i suspected it may have something to do with heat.....but living in phoenix, i think it's prolly actually cooler in my pocket than outside of my pocket. i definitely can't put it anywhere near the front window in the car!!!!

0 Likes