Highlighted

Battery stats activity monitor

Member

Under froyo I could easily bring up the battery activity monitor to see what is draining my battery, now apparently that isn't part of the new rom we were pushed with Gingerbread.

 

Anyone have any hints on how to track down what is stopping my phone from sleeping and draining the battery?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Battery stats activity monitor

Verizon Employee

Justin_b wrote:

Under froyo I could easily bring up the battery activity monitor to see what is draining my battery, now apparently that isn't part of the new rom we were pushed with Gingerbread.

 

Anyone have any hints on how to track down what is stopping my phone from sleeping and draining the battery?


Hi Justin_b, and thank you Cody21 for the great options provided!

 

Other customer have reported that a factory reset have resolved battery issues after the Gingerbread update. If you want to perform a factory reset please visit the link below for instructions.

 

Droid X Hard Reset Instructions

 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Battery stats activity monitor

Sr. Member

Settings / Battery & Data / Battery Usage 

 

This will tell you the "top" hitters on your battery.  But honestly, if your battery is dying, it is most likely due to an APP (or APPS) that is draining it ... duh ..  What are you doing with the phone? Video? Games? LIVE Wallpaper (big killer)? Active WIDGETS (how many, which ones, frequency of update?)

 

Give us more information and we'll see if we can suggest anythying.  Have you tried doing a "WIPE SYSTEM CACHE" yet? Some have said THAT alone fixed some of the issues.

 

ps - there are a ton of Battery Usage monitors in Market that are FREE. If you wish more details. Also, for monitoring overall system problems, I like "SYSTEM PANEL" .. has some really nice AP isolation features.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Battery stats activity monitor

Member

Battery Usage shows Android OS as the heavy hitter with 73%

For some reason the phone isn't sleeping, and the old tool under froyo would show you what was running all the time

 

I had the phone 100% charged, left the house, drove an hour, grabbed some food, checked in with foursquare, drove an hour, checked in at the ice cream shop, and drove home. 4 hours later and I was down to 40%

 

Only used four square twice and checked email once.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Battery stats activity monitor

Sr. Member

Settings / Applications / Running Services  - click on the RUNNING tab  

 

Sounds like you definitely have something running that is sucking life out of the battery.

 

The APP called SYSTEM PANEL has a "monitoring" part as well - that will track things over several hours or a day.


As another TEST, you COULD try running in SAFE MODE for a day ... but you don't want to be launching stuff that you really don't need.  Running in that mode will prevent most 3rd party APPs from auto-starting at boot up.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Battery stats activity monitor

Sr. Leader

Cody21 wrote:

Settings / Applications / Running Services  - click on the RUNNING tab  

 

Sounds like you definitely have something running that is sucking life out of the battery.

 

The APP called SYSTEM PANEL has a "monitoring" part as well - that will track things over several hours or a day.


As another TEST, you COULD try running in SAFE MODE for a day ... but you don't want to be launching stuff that you really don't need.  Running in that mode will prevent most 3rd party APPs from auto-starting at boot up.


Cody I seem to missing something with System Panel, I have been running it for the last few days but when I go to History tab I do not show any information, isnt this suppose to show information related to battery and system usage?

 

Stat.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Battery stats activity monitor

Sr. Member

@Wildman --  did you  activate the MONITOR?  (Settings / Monitor Enabled - configure the "capture")  I can't remember if to get the MONTOR ability you have to buy it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Battery stats activity monitor

Sr. Leader

Cody21 wrote:

@Wildman --  did you  activate the MONITOR?  (Settings / Monitor Enabled - configure the "capture")  I can't remember if to get the MONTOR ability you have to buy it. 


Thanks, that was what I was missing.....   As for having to buy that isnt a issue because I bought it a while back but I just started using it again recently when so many reported it to be a good app...

 

Thanks again,,

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Battery stats activity monitor

Verizon Employee

Justin_b wrote:

Under froyo I could easily bring up the battery activity monitor to see what is draining my battery, now apparently that isn't part of the new rom we were pushed with Gingerbread.

 

Anyone have any hints on how to track down what is stopping my phone from sleeping and draining the battery?


Hi Justin_b, and thank you Cody21 for the great options provided!

 

Other customer have reported that a factory reset have resolved battery issues after the Gingerbread update. If you want to perform a factory reset please visit the link below for instructions.

 

Droid X Hard Reset Instructions

 

View solution in original post

0 Likes