Battery says it's charging -- but It's not
pwes67
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a new to me problem as of this morning.   Normally I charge my battery overnight and this has never been an issue.   It says it's charging but after several hours it was not "full" and now I find that I'm losing power.

I have used my wall charger at home, verizon issued car charger -- and another motorola charger at work -- and there's been no change.

Do I just need to replace it?    I've never had to replace a battery before even after YEARS...

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery says it's charging -- but It's not
B33
Legend

Yup after so many cycles it can take a tole on a battery even on my 2 Razr that i have,  I wonder when the day will come when the batteries will either fail completely or Diminish to were there not usable and I'll have to make the Decision to send 1 or both into Motorola for replacement or just buy another phone as for mine are a factory removable type only.. b

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's possible, When you charge the battery overnight is the phone off while it's being charged ?  the reason I ask with the phone on even when it's charging it's using power to keep connected to the towers and using it's sources, the charger will charge the battery but it will take longer to charge the phone as to if it was off, So if you can shut it down over night I would try that and there's a possibility the battery has used all of it's sources.. Batteries have a cycle life and once they've reached it then it's time to replace it..

0 Likes
pwes67
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, I don't turn it off -- but that's never been a problem before.

Perhaps you are right and the battery is just reaching it's end...

B33
Legend

Yup after so many cycles it can take a tole on a battery even on my 2 Razr that i have,  I wonder when the day will come when the batteries will either fail completely or Diminish to were there not usable and I'll have to make the Decision to send 1 or both into Motorola for replacement or just buy another phone as for mine are a factory removable type only.. b

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Even though you have a Bionic have a Visit at my Battery Guide.. it's for the Razr but will work as well for the Bionic.. RAZR / RAZR MAXX Helpful Tips..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@pwes67,

Being able to power up your phone is definitely a must! Let's get to the bottom of this and get this resolved.

I researched this and did not find it to be a known issue with the phone. Has there been any liquid or physical damage on the phone? Is the charging port loose? How long have you had the phone?

I can definitely take a look at your replacement options if you follow me, JohnB_VZW, and send me a private message with your name, mobile number, and billing password.

I'm sure we can find a solution!

JohnB_VZW

follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

- You'll need to send a Follow request (located in the upper right-hand corner of their profile page) to that they'll have to approve.  They will need to send you a Follow request that you'll have to approve.  Once you both are Following each other, then you can send them a Direct Message.

0 Likes