Battery drain when switched off?
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

I just purchased a new Moto Droid back in June.  One of the first things I noticed was that if I switched the unit OFF at night with a 100% charge, I'd wake up the next morning and find only 70% left.

I took it back to the Verizon store where I bought it and the tech replaced the battery and its been fine ever since - in fact I don't think I've seen the battery drop below 70% since, even with a fair amount of use throughout the day.

Two days ago I noticed it again.  Charge the phone to 100%, switch it off, and in the morning it drops to 70%.

I thought OFF on these Droids really meant OFF, and not STANDBY like many PDA's.

Am I missing something?

0 Likes
Re: Battery drain when switched off?
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
That is weird. I can leave mine on all night and have atleast 70%. I would guess it would be the connectors. If their is a fault in the connectors it could be "micro sparking" and burning juice. I would clean the connectors (phone and battery" with a q-tip and a little bit of rubbing alcohol.

Does the phone feel hot when you check it in the morning?
0 Likes
Re: Battery drain when switched off?
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

Nah, it's never felt warm, even during heavy use.

After they replaced the original battery for me, I could turn it off at 100% and it would remain there till morning.

Now it's draining again. :smileysad:

I don't mind a little seep, but 30% seems significant.

I'm just curious now if OFF really means OFF.

I have a Dell Axim PDA that you can't really shut off even though the popup dialog says "Power Off" - it only sleeps (for alarms and such I suppose).  I've heard here that powering off a Droid will knock out any alarms you might have set, suggesting that it really is OFF.

0 Likes