Battery/charging issues
bls0306

I purchased my HTC DROID Incredible 2 new from a Verizon store about 10 months ago.  I've had few problems with the battery or with charging.  I have noticed that gradually it's been holding less and less of a charge, but assumed it was normal with increased app usage and the ageing of the battery.  But recently, it's started shutting down completely, despite having just been charged-- at first it would only shut down while I was operating it-- whether opening an app or sending a text message-- and after a few days it started shutting down even when it wasn't in use.  When I plug it in, it does appear to be charging, and generally works well whilst plugged in, but as soon as I unplug it, it shuts down, and even upon re-starting, it will continue to turn off.  In the few seconds that it's on in between, the battery icon shows a low battery, even though it's just been charged for hours.  I haven't downloaded any new apps or software recently-- the last download was several weeks before this started to happen.  I've tried gently cleaning the battery sensors and charging port, but nothing has worked.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Battery/charging issues
dptrson

I've been having a problem like that. I charge it every night and more and more the battery charge doesn't last the day. The last few times about mid afternoon it tells me my battery is low. I keep checking if any unnecessary apps are running but looking at the list of apps, it doesn't appear to be so.  I don't watch movies, tv, or listen to music. So what's up? This is supposed to be a good smart phone and you should be able to do those things. I couldn't if I wanted to because of the low battery. If that's really the problem. So any one else have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Battery/charging issues
koodie78

Check out first topic about battery issues,  I posted under kfish78 ...anyway. might help

0 Likes