Battery Rocks
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I just wanted to post this for everyone. I am pretty good with this phone (skilled in how to run it).

I have 40% battery as we speak, and it has been unplugged for 16 hours and counting. I am using an original battery from a Droid 1 (same battery).

I have two email accounts set tp push, facebook account sync off, screen on autodim, and I do NOT have a task killer.

If you use your battery correctly and learn the ins and outs of the battery usage you will see these results.

Good luck everyone and ask questions on how to conserve battery.
0 Likes
Re: Battery Rocks
suncarrie

Just got the DROID2... so still learning everything about it.  Would love to get more information from you about the battery life (extending it).  I turned my screen down completely (still bright) but am not sure what task killer is... and I see 2 things listed that are draning my battery but I don't even know what they are! 

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
@suncarrie

DoNOT get a task killer (they are listed as such in the market).

List what those services are and I can help out some more.
0 Likes
RONRON96

How do you turn off the Facebook sync???

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Go to Facebook Menu click on Settings there are two options you can change "Sync Contacts" or "Notify when new facebook response" if you want to remove Sync Contacts there is a turn/on turn/off option if you want to add/remove notify there is a turn/on turn/off option.

0 Likes
Veridroid

Seems to me that it defeats the purpose to add the Facebook account to your Droid but not have it sync. What other reason would you have the Facebook acct added to the accounts list?

0 Likes
Holly_SwordLily

Cobjones wrote:
I just wanted to post this for everyone. I am pretty good with this phone (skilled in how to run it).

I have 40% battery as we speak, and it has been unplugged for 16 hours and counting. I am using an original battery from a Droid 1 (same battery).

I have two email accounts set tp push, facebook account sync off, screen on autodim, and I do NOT have a task killer.

If you use your battery correctly and learn the ins and outs of the battery usage you will see these results.

Good luck everyone and ask questions on how to conserve battery.

let me first say a task killer is unnecessary on a smart phone but i have one anyway because i am stubborn and i just want to be sure lol. also i keep my phone in nighttime saver mode and i erase the history so as not to clog my phone up with any needless information and memory usage. i have found a free easy to use app that achieves this end. on your phone go to market>apps>tap the search icon>type in history eraser>tap history eraser DUMAPIC (should be the second one listed)>tap install>open app>the easiest way to delete all history at once is the bomb>and depending on how much you browse the internet,call people, etc. is how often you need to delete your history. i do it about twice everyday. and i use my phone quite a bit for texting i go upwards to 1400 texts a month (at least an hour alone spent texting everyday) and play games everyday (another 1 - 2 hours a day) and listen to music everyday (2 - 4 hours a day) and my battery lasts 6-8 hours a day. im basically on my phone all the time unless im at work. i also have my yahoo and facebook and myspace and gmail synced to my phone. im hardly on my laptop anymore and i dont like to keep long term friends/family waiting.

0 Likes