Re: Backup Media Issue
GB8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!! I've been looking for these instructions for days. My Bionic has been slow to open Apps but once opened it runs perfectly so I did not want to do a Factory Reset! I have a few other issues too so I hope this will help. Also, if I do have to do a Factory Reset and I backup all my apps will I lose all my data i.e. GNotes and all my lists etc. and what about my Contacts ringtones? Will I have to redo those as well?? Also, if I use Astro Manager to backup my apps will I have to reinstall each one separately as well as re-enter all personalized settings on each app? Does Astro Manager just save the app data? Thanks for any answers you and anyone else can provide!!!

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

First thing I would do is go in and make sure you are saving your contacts to your Google Account (much more reliable then Backup Assistant).  FDR is most likely not going to be needed.

Move all of your pictures to your SD Card (I would save them there anyway and make an occasional backup to your computer for those.

Move all Ringtones, Sounds, Music etc... to your SD Card

Move any documents to your SD Card (many ways to do the above steps)

Use Astro to back up all of the apps you want to reload

Use a free app called Back me up and it will backup your Contacts, Call Log, Bookmarks (if you want SMS and Calendar you need the paid version)

If you have Text Messages. Use SMS Backup and Restore and you can backup and then reinstall ALL of your Text Messages after resetting. 

0 Likes
GB8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for your help and for responding so quickly. I am in the process of trying to backup everything! It's a little confusing but I'm using FAQs and some video tutorials. Astro's website instructions leave a lot to be desired. Thanks again!

0 Likes