Backup Assitant to Droid
capescubadiver

I jus got my Droid. I am tryin to back up my contacts from Chocolate to my Droid. I dont want to manually do over a 100 contacts..Pleas help.

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assitant to Droid
Not applicable

Copy your contacts to your gmail account.  From there they will sync to your Droid.

0 Likes
Tatfreak
0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

capescubadiver wrote:

I jus got my Droid. I am tryin to back up my contacts from Chocolate to my Droid. I dont want to manually do over a 100 contacts..Pleas help.

go to where you purchased your droid, they should be able to transfer your contacts for free (or at least that is what best buy did for me)

or this if the link above doesnt work:

1. Go to Verizon Wireless and log into My Verizon. If you do not already have a My Verizon login and password select the “register” link.

2. On the My Verizon landing page select “My Contacts” from the quick links menu on the right side of the page.

3. Export the .csv file:

a. Select the contacts that you want to export. If you want to export the entire list use "Select All".

b. Select the "Export Contacts" function.

c. Select the option to export contacts in "CV (Outlook)" format.

4. Save the exported .csv file to your computer.

5. Go to mail.google.com and log in. You will need to register for an account if you do not already have one.

6. Select “Contacts” from the menu on the left side of the screen. Once on the contact page select “Import” in the upper right hand corner.

7. Follow system prompts to import your .csv file.

8. Activate your Android device.

9. Sign into your Gmail account on your DROID. Contacts will sync automatically over the air.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Importing your contacts via CSV file gives you a lot of flexibility. However, information sometimes ends up in the wrong fields. Take a look at Outlook BUSINESSS Contacts onto DROID? Won't Sync Correctly over at the Motorola forum. Steve Ryan's post has a list of the CSV file column titles Gmail expects.Using these titles will ensure a clean, trouble free import.