Backup Assistant not recognizing correct password.
safatboy

I am having a problem with my Droid X2 that Verizon support has been unable to correct thus far.

My Backup Assistant fails, daily, in trying to backup my contacts on the phone.

I have entered in the correct password and yet the device and the server will not sync because it tells me the password is incorrect.

Verizon support and I even changed the password from my number to 9999 and it still will not accept the revised password.

I am concerned that if my device fails,that my current contact list will not be recoverable.

Any help with this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant not recognizing correct password.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Safatboy, I regret to hear that we haven't been able to resolve your Backup Assistant issues. Normally when BUA is saying the password is incorrect, the account may be temporarily locked out. It should unlock after about 20 minutes. Have you been able to view your contacts on My Verizon? Try sending the pin from the website to see if it shows the same number. If no change, please reset your Backup Assistant in the phone (will not change contacts in phone or website). Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, Sync Service. Force close, the clear cache and data. Access Backup Assistant from the phone again. This will require you to setup the Backup Assistant again like the first time.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the bua pw is the pw for the phone & isn't necessarily the same as the online myverizon password, mine isn't.

0 Likes
Murln
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this same problem and followed these instructions.  My phone just synced with BUA for first time in over a year.  I'm about to upgrade to a Droid Razer Maxx HD so wanted to be sure everything on my DroidX was current.

0 Likes
a_newby

I am having the same problem.  I tried the steps in the answer and it still doesn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

a_newby, thanks for trying the steps provided in our previous post. Let's access your contacts online at My Verizon and sync them back to your device http://vz.to/WNJMeV

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes