Backup Assistant has lost my contacts - how do I get them back?
pegweaver

About two weeks ago, I looked at the Backup Assistant Sync report, and instead of 120+ contacts there were only 4.  When I opened my contacts, there were a few there, but only with email addresses.  The contact list I had been using was accumulated over 4 phones and consisted of names and telephone numbers.

Sure enough, the email addresses were associated with my gmail account.  I did not authorize any change to the data source to sync to.  Did Backup Assistant decide to switch to the gmail files to sync to?

This is extremely aggravating.  I have lost 6 years worth of telephone numbers.  I don't understand why this happened.  Does my telephone contact list still exist somewhere?  How can I make sure that it syncs to the phone numbers and NOT the email addresses?

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant has lost my contacts - how do I get them back?
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

you should still be able to access your contacts by logging in online to the backup assistant website.

however, I strongly suggest from there that you export your contacts to a CSV file and import them to your google contacts.  Once I did that, I have not had any issues since.

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant has lost my contacts - how do I get them back?
Kendall712

mine has done this several times. seems like it's when my phone does the upgrades/updates. if it seems like they are not on the backup assistant website at first glance, check the trash bin, i've found mine there a couple of times.

0 Likes