Backup Assistant NOT working on DroidX to backup my contacts!?
bikergrrl

DroidX

I can't seem to get my contacts backup.  The backup assistant *used* to work but now.....

I go to verizonwireless.com/myverizon. 

I scroll down the page and click on 'Manage Contacts' 

I'm taken to another page and then I see the 2 arrows spinning in a circle with the message:

"Please wait a few moments while we process your request"

It just spins!  It never stops!

I have tried this several times.    I have clicked on the little 'sync' button at the bottom right corner and still after everything...the arrows just spin

and there are no contacts!

Back on the phone, when I click on the Backup Assistant app > Sync Now, it starts the process and it says "Back up 70"    Well, I have about 300 contacts in my phone!  

Also, under Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All ... there are 2 Backup Assistant apps listed:

- Backup Assistant v2.3.4

- Backup Assistant Client v1.0

Should there be 2 Backup Assistant apps on the phone??

Backup Assistant *used* to work but now it appears nothing is working.

I have rebooted the phone....more than once!    I have cleared out data/cache.

I really need to get a backup of *ALL* my contacts.    And I really need to be able to log into my Verizon account and *SEE* and *MANAGE* my

contacts.

Has anyone had this issue and was able to fix it??    Verizon Tech Support =>  YOU OUT THERE SOME WHERE?   

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant NOT working on DroidX to backup my contacts!?
SeansMom

I am having some of the same issues and would appreciate a response from someone who knows what is going on. I have tried online chat and can't even get into the que. Called and was on hold forever, finally gave up. Very disappointed in CS these days.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

do you both have the same contacts in your gmail account as b a?

i used b a for years but now find it's easier to use gmail contacts.

if b a & gmail have different contacts i'd suggest exporting from b a & importing into gmail/contacts.

SeansMom

I can’t get into the Back up assistant any more. I tried to move it to the cloud and can only get so far with the program and it freezes. I have not used it in a while. I am now trying to add several new contacts into BA but can’t access the old program.  I am limited in computer knowledge and do not know what to do. I do not even know if my contacts are backed up anymore. I could not enter my gmail account because I can’t get into the program. What am I doing wrong? I use Outlook on my desktop for my contacts but since I moved and am making new friends I need to get them into my phone and it is hard to enter every one individually on the handset.

Carolyn

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

ba has been reported here to be worthless, i used it for years but not with a smartphone.

why can't you get into gmail? it's the easiest way to keep contacts up-to-date & when you add a contact on the phone or desktop, it transfers to the other, if sync is selected in accounts/gmail on the phone.

i exported my gmail contacts & then imported the contacts into outlook 2010 just a few days ago.

0 Likes
SeansMom

I will look into that. Thanks for the suggestion. I just wanted to protect my contacts in case something happened to my old phone or if I wanted to upgrade to a better phone in the future. Appreciate the advice.

Carolyn

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

why can't you get into gmail?

i can talk you thru the export/import stuff if you want to get into it.

0 Likes
Backup Assistant NOT working on DroidX to backup my contacts!?
bikergrrl

I finally figured out how to export a copy of my contacts after hours of getting frustrated.  Then I was ready to purchase a new iphone5 and I did an import. 

Bearone21 => if you can help SeansMom with exporting the contacts that would be great.  At the moment I can't remember exactly how I did it...I spent a lot of time searching and reading stuff on the web. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

from within ba, yahoo, outlook, outlook express contact list/address book the best way is to export as a csv file, i call it csv with the days date & save it in my docs.

wherever i want to import, say gmail....get into contacts/more/import & import the csv file.

0 Likes