Re: Backup Assistant Error Code: 10?
JSera
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a very similar issue.  I ended up going to Setting - Applications - Manage Applications - All -

and for these three applications I Cleared data

• Backup Assistant
  • Backup Assistant Plus
  • Sync Service (I think this was the key one)

I then went to Settings - Accounts and Sync - Backup Assistant and then did a Backup Now.

You will need to know your PIN because it will ask you for it when it starts to sync again -- forget exactly where along the way it asked me for that, but the sync percentages started moving and I have all my contacts now.

clp331
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem as all of the other people on this discussion.  The error code [10] database error shows up when I press "Backup now".  It shows that the last backup only backed up 210 contacts and I have more than that, so I know it is not working correctly.  Can you please tell me how to fix this bug? 

Thanks

0 Likes
JRSemifero
Enthusiast - Level 1

This solution worked for me - THANKS!!!

0 Likes
clp331
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you, jsera!  it worked and in addition, i downloaded the free app backup pro, which backs up more than just contacts. Smiley Happy

fngers
Enthusiast - Level 1

This should be at the top the list.  Worked.

Kathez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and what ChristinaB_VZW says doesn't work.I have a Samsung Charge.

When I click on the Backup Now button I get  Sync service failed.  Failed to read data from Android Contacts Provider.  OK  Well it's really NOT ok, because it's not working.

Is something going on since it is now called Backup Assistant Plus? and if so, what do we have to do so our contacts are saved.

Thanks.

0 Likes
n1c0LaSS
Enthusiast - Level 2

This solution worked for me (Samsung Stratosphere), thank you JSera.

Thieves
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worked for me on my Samsung Charge too.  Thank you J Sera, and YES, this should be at the top of the list!

Appreciate your help--it's a sickening feeling to not have your contacts.

Kathez
Enthusiast - Level 1

J Sera I just did the *** Sync Service (I think this was the key one)*** and it worked. THANKS SO MUCH.

geargirl

I have a Charge.  My contacts have dissapeared from my phone, but are on  the verizon web.  Backup Assistant will not push to the phone.  I have tried all steps mentioned in this thread (force close/clear data etc) and when I sync, 0 contactd transferred.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Likes