Backup Assistant Bugs
bc134706

Hey,

I have a Droid Incredible (1st gen) and I'm trying to retrieve my contacts from BA via the web and the phone app.

When I go to the web and I login / go to backup contacts, and I press the "Sync to Phone" button, it will do a few things.

1) not sync with my phone

2) continue with the loading bar indefinitely

3) will send me a text message with some code in it. It's always from the same number (6200) which is usually the 900080004000 or whatever.

Examples:

//F1 TYPE=SAS;UI=1;CONT=200,0,0;

and

//F1 TYPE=SAS;UI=1;CONT=,,;

This happens whenever I try to sync via the website.

Now when I try to use the Backup Assistant Plus app, or sync it from HTC's Settings > Accounts & Sync > Backup Assistant, it will say Network Unavailable.

Any insight would be great.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant Bugs
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Central_Coast_CA and community.

Thank you so much for providing additional information so we can figure this out together!

I would recommend resetting the Backup Assistant application on the phone.  This won't result in any contacts being lost, but will help in the communication between the phone and our database.

On your phone go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All

Find Backup Assistant as well as Sync Service(they will have similar icons). One at a time select these apps and choose Clear Data and Force Stop. 

Go back into Account and Sync and setup your Backup Assistant again by entering your Pin and choosing Restore.

Keep in mind that Backup Assistant will not work over Wi-Fi.

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
adonakis

I have been having this same issue...I would also appreciate some guidance...this phone stinks...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, bc134706!

I'd love to help get your contacts working for you! When you are logged into the website, do you see the most up to date contacts? If not, I suggest logging into google.com/contacts to see if the more recently added contacts were added as Google contacts, rather than Backup Assistant. Thats is the most common hiccup. If thats the case, you can import/export them into Backup Assistant. Are you trying to sync these contacts so you can activate a new phone? Which device are you activating? Keep me posted!

AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Central_Coast_CA

Adam it is

September 23, 2012.

My contact will not back up to back up assistant..

I am using a Droid Samsung Charge.

Yesterday the phone says it has back it up but nothing shows on the back up page on Verizon.com

Now...When I try to get on to Back Up Assist at VZ I get, "Our server is busy right now. Please give it another try in a little bit." But, that has been for days..

0 Likes
bc134706

I'd love to help get your contacts working for you! When you are logged into the website, do you see the most up to date contacts? If not, I suggest logging into google.com/contacts to see if the more recently added contacts were added as Google contacts, rather than Backup Assistant. Thats is the most common hiccup. If thats the case, you can import/export them into Backup Assistant. Are you trying to sync these contacts so you can activate a new phone? Which device are you activating? Keep me posted!

1) Yes I see the most updated contacts.

2) This doesn't involve Google contacts, but VW contacts including phone and backup assistant. I'm not sure where you got google from anything stated above.

3) No I'm not activating a new phone. My phone wiped my contacts one day and was not able to recover them.

I ended up just doing it the old fashioned way by asking my friends for their numbers again and/or inputting contacts to Excel file.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Central_Coast_CA and community.

Thank you so much for providing additional information so we can figure this out together!

I would recommend resetting the Backup Assistant application on the phone.  This won't result in any contacts being lost, but will help in the communication between the phone and our database.

On your phone go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All

Find Backup Assistant as well as Sync Service(they will have similar icons). One at a time select these apps and choose Clear Data and Force Stop. 

Go back into Account and Sync and setup your Backup Assistant again by entering your Pin and choosing Restore.

Keep in mind that Backup Assistant will not work over Wi-Fi.

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW

0 Likes
bc134706

This worked for me! Got a sync without problems and didn't get a text message with code. Thanks!

0 Likes
jb1122

I hate to ask this agian, and I read most of the comments about Bugs In BA. My phone did an update on it's own, and now 3/4 of my phone contacts are gone!! When I went to the VW website, there were 186 in the 'Trash' folder. How do I move the contacts over to the main folder? And why do the other contacts in the main folder have a check mark on them? This is the second time it has done an upgrade and I lost contacts. How do I stop this from happening??????? I'm ready for a new phone AND A NEW SERVICE!! Thank you for you help. Jeff

My email address is:  >Email address removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there again Bc134706!

I'm super glad to hear that worked out for you! Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW

0 Likes
sawwas66

My backup assistant hasn't worked for over 2 months why can't they fix the problem.?  I have tried it all reset phone all of the above and still getting*611 error.  Can any tell me why Verizon need my password for My Verizon to fix their problem? 

0 Likes