Backup Assistance Not Working
arvadavis

I have use the backup assistance on my phone.  It goes through the process and says it has succeeded.  Then I go to the Verizon Web Page and it only shows 2 contacts and I have at least close to a hundred.  Am I missing something.  I am trying to get it backup because I have ordered the Droid X and want to be able to transfer my contacts to that phone.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistance Not Working
s_brethauer

Try completely removing the BA and re-installing.

0 Likes
Arva

There is no option to uninstall.  Please tell me how if I am missing something.

Thanx

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

go to settings->accounts and sync->backup assistant. at the bottom, where it says "most recent update," what date and time does it list? if it has a recent date and time then something is wrong.

0 Likes
Arva

Most recent update shows 6:08PM 8/31/2010 Succeeded

0 Likes
FramCire

Why not export your phone contacts to SD card...... you SHOULD be able to them import them.

Your google contacts can be synced to google through settings.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you could do what framcire said. it should work fine. but that still leaves the issue open. something is wrong with your backup assistant and i would want to get it resolved. the thing i love about assistant is that i have to do nothing. it just backs up every night to "my vzn." i would want to know why it's not working. honestly, i only have a google account because a good friend uses google talk. so i set up an account with a gmail email address. but i never use it and prefer to use backup assistant. i only have to google account to IM one friend and because this device is google based.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Do this: Go to People App, Hit Menu, Export, and save it to the SD card. Then go to VZW account and Import the *.csv file. (I suggest just emailing the csv file to yourself and doing all this on a PC)

Then get in your Google account and Import the same file. (Run the contact cleaner to filter double contacts out)

Now you should have a DOUBLE BACKUP and be all set. Keep that csv file in a safe place in case you have a problem in the future.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the people app contacts export as a .vcf file....will i be able to retrieve that in any way in the future? I've seen .csv files (when exporting outlook at work) but am not familiar with .vcf.  i did what you suggested and was prompted to select the account to export (either gmail or "phone") so i chose phone (i really don't use gmail and have never sync'd my contacts to it).

0 Likes