Baby, it's cold outside! Suggestions for keeping My Droid from the cold in a pouch
MrHacks

Ah, winter. As most of you will probably be doing on Friday you will probably be out shopping (mindlessly consumping items that you more than likely really won't need but will drive you futher into debt).

For those of you will will not be racking up your credit card to buy things you probably don't need, remember to think of the little things.  Like where to put your Droid when it is 20 degrees outside and you are waiting to catch the bus.

Rather than iradiating your genitals while the device collects lint in a pants pocket, the Droid seems like the kind of device that should be stored in a pouch.

However, I've seens some pretty terrible pouches on the internet being sold on Amazon where to pouch opens from the wide side or has a magnetic flap on the front.

Seeing as how the Droid is a slider phone that has a keyboard slide out from the side, it only makes sense to have a pouch where the device is upright rather than sideways in a soft leather pouch rather than some uncomfortable awkward leather clip on case. (I'm taking to you, the guy who designed the leather Body Glove thingy!  Go back to making stuff for iPhones!)

So can anyone suggests a proper pouch where I can keep my Droid safe from the elements this Winter?

0 Likes
Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Suggestions for keeping My Droid from the cold in a pouch
Not applicable

I would say keep it in a coat pocket the cold actually helps preserve the battery life but just keep it away from the snow.

0 Likes
Re: Baby, it's cold outside! Suggestions for keeping My Droid from the cold in a pouch
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

try Home Depot or Lowes.

they are coming out with accessories for cellphones to help the working man protect his phone from the elements of constructing things.

0 Likes
j0j081

This has been a concern of mine.  I have the Eris and at one of my part time jobs I have to leave my phone in my car for several hours.  I don't know how cold your car gets inside when it's say 30 C outside but I'm mainly worried about what the cold does to lcds.  Do cold temperatures have any negative effect on the screens of our phone except for some lag when first turning them on?

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

j0j081 wrote:

This has been a concern of mine.  I have the Eris and at one of my part time jobs I have to leave my phone in my car for several hours.  I don't know how cold your car gets inside when it's say 30 C outside but I'm mainly worried about what the cold does to lcds.  Do cold temperatures have any negative effect on the screens of our phone except for some lag when first turning them on?

i think one of the major concerns you would have is heating up your vehicle right away and then turning on your phone.  there might be some condensation issues there for the inner most components.

0 Likes