BSOD connecting DROID to Windows 7
KeepSloanWeird

Are there any drivers for the DROID on Windows 7? I get a pretty consistent blue screen (BSOD) when connecting my phone. On the rare occassion that my system doesn't BSOD the SD card storage won't mount.

I checked Motorola's site but they only supply drivers for phones using their OS's.

0 Likes
Re: BSOD connecting DROID to Windows 7
drummerman247

do you have the eris or the motorolla?  I have the eris and i have no issues connectin it to windows 7

0 Likes
spectrumfox
Enthusiast - Level 3
There aren't any drivers for Droid in Windows 7. Windows installs a generic driver for USB connectivity and that's all that's needed. If you get a BSOD just by plugging in the device, there is probably something going on with your computer that is unrelated to the Droid.
0 Likes
solar3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with spectrumfox. It might be your windows 7 installation. Of course, if there is somet sort of corruption in the Droid, I suppose that would cause it too. you can always try to windows repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html

You can also try doing a system file check by putting the windows DVD in, and clicking on start->run-> type SFC /scannow,

->hit enter

probobly won't do the trick but it won't hurt either.

You can also try plugging in other USB storage devices, like external harddrives, flash drives, other MP3 players and see if windows crashes to try and narrow it down. Also, try to  plug the droid into another windows 7 box if you know someone with it. or at least try to mount to a vista or xp box.

I have a droid with windows 7 and it works just fine. my vista used to play those games though...

hope this helps.

0 Likes
JUDYDTM

I am using Windows 7 with a 64 bit system...and I was told there are NO drivers for the droid and a 64 bit system. What can I do?  I have an HP G61 laptop. 

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

"I checked Motorola's site but they only supply drivers for phones using their OS's."

Motorola has an OS?

0 Likes
JUDYDTM

I plugged the USB cord into a slot on the other side of the laptop and was able to connect!  I was not trying to use a hub in the prior attempt.  Just thought I would give it a try! It worked

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

I would also recommend going into your device manager in Windows 7 and deleting any drivers that are related to the droid. Make sure your droid is on debugging mode before plugging back up through USB.

Here is a link where Motorola users manually installed the drivers by extracting them.

0 Likes