BLUETOOTH CALLS FAIL
stephenb

SINCE THE LATEST UPGRADE: 2.3.3, V. 405605MB810, CALLING OUT ON MY TOYOTA BLUETOOTH FAILS THE 1ST TIME, BUT WORKS WHEN I TRY AGAIN RIGHT AWAY.  THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE THE SOFTWARE UPGRADE.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: BLUETOOTH CALLS FAIL
pimpeds10
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 2012 Chevrolet Malibu occasionally will say call failed using your bluetooth device but then will ring through anyways.  Happens very seldom but sure is annoying.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Stephenb, thanks for sharing your concerns with your device. Since this issue started, have you tried deleting the paired connection and paired again? If not, try this first. Reboot phone after deleting the connection. Then test again. Let me know if this helps. If still having the problem, what all programs are running when this happens? Try closing some that you don't need.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stephenb

Thank you for suggestion. I tried it, but nothing changed.  Also, why is it that my daughter's original Motorola Droid and her husband's Droid 2 don't have this problem in either one of our Toyota Priuses? Plus, my Droid X never had this problem until the recent software update.

Steve B

0 Likes
Not applicable

Stephenb, try booting your phone into safe mode before entering your car to see if it connects to Bluetooth on the first try. If it does, the Bluetooth may be having a conflict with one of the applications. In that case, I would suggest trying to remove some applications one at a time, to see which may be causing this issue. I am not showing a known issue with the Bluetooth on this phone after the Gingerbread update. There may have been a corrupt file caused by the new software update. In this case, I would suggest completing a factory reset for this issue.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/776477#776477

Same problem with a Ford in the link above.

I had this problem and did the same as @MarquiaF_VZW suggested by deleting paired device and then paired again, solved my problem.

0 Likes