Re: BIONIC is not performing well since JB
Mraoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I have a bionic. I bought it at launch -- it was a horrible decision. Disabling apps doesn't do that much. << Discussion of rooting removed to comply with .>>  Honestly, at this point, you should look at new phones and possibly other carriers. Just dump verizon and don't look back. Once the Nexus 5 comes out, I'm jumping ship. There's a systemic problem within Verizon in regards to phones and their tyrannical control over them that won't be solved unless people start complaining or leaving.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Mraoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is not a solution. A smartphone is useless without your settings and applications. Otherwise, we'd all just buy 'feature' phones. I always laugh when I see this suggested (including by phone techs). I mean, have you ever heard a computer repair tech say "Have you tried re-installing Windows?"

Being forced to reboot daily and/or to FDR your device is a sign of a poorly designed or implemented OS. There are other ways to fix your phone even without the newer features of newer versions of Android. Running Trim, for example is one way (LagFix Free in the Play Store, also Google added Trim support directly into the OS, v4.3). Uninstalling bloatware would be another. If you're just out of resources (check using WatchDog or equivalent) you can uninstall apps that are taking up too much memory.

0 Likes
Mraoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, how many apps do you have installed and use on a daily basis? Social networking apps which seem to always run in the background are heavy on resource usage.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google/Android has the option to backup and restore your settings and applications from the last device reported to Google. This can sometimes cause unwanted behavior in your phone after a factory reset including repeating the same issue that caused you to reset the device in the first price.

Factory reset without reloading the settings and applications is setting up the phone as if this is the first time you had an Android device. You have to manually connect to your wifi, and manually add your email accounts. The only applications installed on your phone at the factory default versions of the pre-installed apps. At this point, you setup only the absolute minimum to get a functional device including keeping off any downloaded applications. Run the phone this way for a few days to verify the issues from before haven't resurfaced. If all goes well, then you can start loading a application from the Play Store onto the phone. Use the phone and the new application for a day or two. If successful, install the next application. Repeat the process daily until you have your applications reinstalled.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mraoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm well aware, I was more commenting to how it is pretty much the goto process for most techs without looking at the alternative possibilities. It's like using explosives to kill an ant; it'll probably get the job done, but there are smarter ways to go about it, without incurring the hassle.

<< Discussion of moderation removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I have a Bionic and use each and every one of the steps outlined. I also have ZERO issues with my Bionic