Re: Aug 31?
twankle_glistle

Yeah that was quick.  I also ordered on the 18th and nothing for me yet either except the "will be shipped by date of 31 Aug".  @Nysmissingstar Where are you located at?  How did you order yours online, over the phone, or store?  This is really gettin' **bleep**.  @Hifromd11 Goodluck man.  I hope I get my conformation email soon.  Thanks!!!

0 Likes
redcinn

I ordered online on 8/17 and I was originally told it would ship on 8/31.  I just received email from Verizon that it has shipped.  It is expected to arrive 8/26. so you should be hearing something soon.

0 Likes
twankle_glistle

Hey redcinn where are you located at and what method did you use to order your phone?  In store, on line, or over the phone?

redcinn wrote:

I ordered online on 8/17 and I was originally told it would ship on 8/31.  I just received email from Verizon that it has shipped.  It is expected to arrive 8/26. so you should be hearing something soon.

0 Likes
7 Stages of Waiting for your DX
twankle_glistle

For those who just ordered here are the stages of the DX waiting process. Feel free to add anything I missed:

Stage 1: Just ordered and accepted the fact that the phone is backordered and you're on the list. Start looking at YouTube videos and researching apps. Join DX Forum to hear others' experiences.

Stage 2: Call Verizon and ask if there's been an update to the shipping status. Be polite when they tell you 'no'. Keep reading the DX forums.

Stage 3: Discover that customers who placed their order after you are already receiving tracking numbers. Try to make sense of it all by analyzing order methods and locations. Call Verzion, get same response as last time. Hang up without saying good-bye this time.

Stage 4: Start getting upset at those posting that their DX arrived today and they placed the order just a week ago. Call Verzion, demand an answer. Get transferred to a supervisor who swears it's first-come first-serve.

Stage 5: Start losing interest in the phone all together. Forget the reason you ordered it in the first place. Post comments on forum about how Verizon has really dropped the ball. Call Verizon and threaten to buy an iPhone.

Stage 6: Get a notification that your order has shipped. Get super excited and post the good news on the DX Forum. Call FedEx and ask them what the hell is taking so long.

Stage 7: ??? (To be determined for me.. Will let you know once I receive it.. But will probably take a few days for me to put the phone down to post the response.)

0 Likes
redcinn

twankle_glistle wrote:

Hey redcinn where are you located at and what method did you use to order your phone?  In store, on line, or over the phone?

redcinn wrote:

hey twankle,

I ordered it online at about 10pm on the 17th.  I am located in Alexandria, VA. DC area

0 Likes
Re: 7 Stages of Waiting for your DX
moviebuff9
Enthusiast - Level 2

@twankle glistle - I am LMAO!!!  You are so right!!!

0 Likes
twankle_glistle

redcinn wrote:

twankle_glistle wrote:

redcinn wrote:

hey twankle,

I ordered it online at about 10pm on the 17th.  I am located in Alexandria, VA. DC area

Do you know what warehouse yours is shipping from?

0 Likes
Re: 7 Stages of Waiting for your DX
twankle_glistle

moviebuff9 wrote:

@twankle glistle - I am LMAO!!!  You are so right!!!

I know right.  These last couple of days has been very hard on all of us.  I'm so ready to receive my phone and relieve all this anxiety I have built up inside of me LOL!  I hope I hear sumthin' soon.  I can't imagine goin' another weekend knowing I'm not goin' to receive my phone until after the weekend.  This is crazy azz hell!!!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

... or just have another glass of wine ....   and be patient.    YMMV

0 Likes
cryscross

twankle_glistle I ordered mine online at 9am and I'm in South Carolina.  I'm getting really frustrated because there are so many people that have ordered theirs after me that are already getting word of the exact ship date.  I am just ready to get my phone!!!  You're right that they should have known that it would sale like crazy.  I am doing the same thing with checking my email all the time.  Every time my BlackBerry goes off I am holding my breath and crossing my fingers that it is my confirmation on the ship date.  They just need to hurry....I can't wait any longer....I hate not knowing!!

0 Likes